Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

If you become rich today, who's the first person you are going to surprise with a gift?

Teegold

Veteran

Reaction score
We all have people who are very close to us, people that we can do anything for because they absolutely deserve it.
If I become rich, the first set of people I will bless is my parents, they have really tried in making me who I am today. No amount of gift can equal what they have done.
Who will you bestow gifts on if you get rich?

The first person I would be surprising with a gift would be my mother. She has been there for me through thick and thin. She has been both a mother and a father, so I think she deserves it. Next would be my siblings and finally my bestie. She has been one of the best things to have ever happened to me recently.

First of all, I don't want to be rich; I am happy with who I am. If I become rich, the first person I would surprise will be my wife, because she sacrifices everything for her to save money. Once we have money, she doesn't need to kill her desires.

First of all, I don't want to be rich; I am happy with who I am. If I become rich, the first person I would surprise will be my wife, because she sacrifices everything for her to save money. Once we have money, she doesn't need to kill her desires.
This shows that you value your wife so much. Quick question, why don't you want to be rich? Is there anything bad in it?

Nothing bad in it. When you have enough money then why to ask for more.

Each and everyone of us have a different definition for what we call rich though.

So can you tell us what is your own definition of being rich?
For me I see being rich as having enough money to do what I want when I want it without having to break my savings or using up everything in my bank account. I don't have to save for months to get what I want. So I might not be as rich as the next person but if I can live such a life and I am healthy, with a loving wife and kids, am not just rich but wealthy.

For me I see being rich as having enough money to do what I want when I want it without having to break my savings or using up everything in my bank account. I don't have to save for months to get what I want. So I might not be as rich as the next person but if I can live such a life and I am healthy, with a loving wife and kids, am not just rich but wealthy.
That's a great mentality. It shows that you are ready to be contented with what you have as long as you can afford whatever you want and can travel to anywhere you want.

That's a great mentality. It shows that you are ready to be contented with what you have as long as you can afford whatever you want and can travel to anywhere you want.
Exactly, that's why we have some people today who might not even have enough money, but how they manage and make use of it and show their contentment makes it seem like they are extremely rich.

Satisfaction in life is what one required. Money is not much of importance. You should have enough money to fulfill basic needs. I don't want excess money.

Satisfaction in life is what one required. Money is not much of importance. You should have enough money to fulfill basic needs. I don't want excess money.
Yes satisfaction and contentment is extremely important, one could have excesses money, but if there is no contentment, it would all be useless.

That's true!!

People don't have self satisfaction. They wish to earn more money even though they have ample money.

That's true!!

People don't have self satisfaction. They wish to earn more money even though they have ample money.
True contentment is necessary so as not to be affected by dissatisfaction, because we feel that the money we have is not enough.

Once we are content, we are good to go, the reason why so many people are not happy about where they are today is simply due to lack of contentment.

True contentment is necessary so as not to be affected by dissatisfaction, because we feel that the money we have is not enough.

It's because most of things we cannot do without money. But it's all about satisfaction.

It's because most of things we cannot do without money. But it's all about satisfaction.
Yes it is all about satisfaction with what you have. This is also why we have so many people who end up doing wrong things just to get money.

Yes it is all about satisfaction with what you have. This is also why we have so many people who end up doing wrong things just to get money.
Yeah, a lot of people ended up making the wrong decisions just so they could have money at all costs. And most times those decisions usually back fire, leaving them in a condition worse than before.

Yes which is why before making any decision, we should always take out time to think it through carefully first.

Yes which is why before making any decision, we should always take out time to think it through carefully first.
Yes, thorough thinking at that. We can't afford to be suffering the consequences of wrong decisions everytime.

Back