Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How to tell someone that the dish is not tasty, but so that he does not get offended?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I have never spoken like that because I don't want to offend the person who invited me and who prepared the meal. I will try next time just to avoid it so as not to taste it, but is it at all possible to say it so that no one is offended and remain good acquaintances or friends

You do not. Eat what you can, smile and move on to something else. If they ask for your opinion, say it was good and that's it, now if they press for more details... try to be polite with your answer.

You do not. Eat what you can, smile and move on to something else. If they ask for your opinion, say it was good and that's it, now if they press for more details... try to be polite with your answer.
But it's just that when I always come to visit, the food is tasteless, and I know that the next time I come, it will also be tasteless, and if I continue to say that everything is fine, then this person will think that she is cooking well, and then if someone says how it really is, then she will take offense at me because I lied

Why do I have to tell people that the good was not good? When I am invited to have lunch or dinner a someone's place, I am already being honored, there is no need for me to tell the the food is not good even when the food is bad. I always give a positive remark. I stay away from negativity, and try to appreciate everything around me.

In a situation like this, what I do is ask them if they added enough spices and my excuse would be that I usually enjoy spicy food. This way it would be like the spice wasn't just enough for me but the food was okay.

I don't know but I am a very blunt person. I would politely tell you that this particular meal could have been better at this and this point. I could just tell you that less pepper or water would have given us a better meal. I don't hit the person hard though but I have got to tell. Especially if they ask.

I will tell him that the food is okay but it can always be better. Maybe I ask him the ingredients and how he prepared them, and I offer suggestions in areas where he is lacking. I wouldn't be too blunt in saying it to avoid hurting his feelings.

When providing feedback on a dish that was not to my liking, I would aim to do so in a constructive, non-confrontational manner. Rather than bluntly stating the food was not tasty, I might say something like "The flavors didn't quite align with my personal preferences." I would also try to find positive elements to highlight, such as the presentation or use of fresh ingredients.

I am always thankful when someone cooks a meal for me. If the food sucks then I say nothing and eat very little of it.

I have friends who often come to visit me. Like any housewife, I prepare meals for them because the guests cannot be hungry. I have a good relationship with them, so they can tell me that the dish is not very tasty. I wouldn't be offended by it because I think it makes my experience better

Actually no because sometimes for you to prepared a meal for your self not every one will be tasty because in order ways may be its a mistake at that particular time because no body is a perfect but in terms of making you don't know how to prepared it I think it should be good to acquired knowledge on it

I saw this in a viral comedy clip and if the person demands pickle like of Mango or any then it means the food or dishes are not tasty

Back