Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How To Stop Procrastinating

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Overcoming procrastination requires self-awareness and compassion. I've identified my underlying fears and doubts, and addressed them with kindness and logic. I break tasks into smaller, manageable steps, and focus on progress rather than perfection. I set realistic deadlines, reward myself for milestones, and create a conducive work environment. By acknowledging my humanity and taking consistent action, I've transformed procrastination into productivity and momentum. It's a journey, not a destination, and I'm patient with myself along the way.

The best way to do this is to simply make up your mind. Self discipline also plays a major role here as well.

Determination is also one thing that can help to avoid procrastination. When you're determined to do something, nothing can make you try to postpone it or procrastinate.

Its easier said than done and every person has their own style to stop procrastinating and I am one of those who always procrastinate and delay things till the time I want

It's difficult to accomplish since, once embedded, it might be difficult to break. However, if you give up your laziness and develop a good plan, you are able to conquer it. It's difficult, but it's not impossible.

I think the only thing that can really keep a person from procrastination is a goal that he really intends to meet. I have been a victim of procrastination. It has dealt badly with me but I am determined to tame it down now.

In most cases, fear is usually the cost of procrastinating, once we can eliminate fear, have a set goal and discipline oneself, I believe things would be a lot easier.

I think the only thing that can really keep a person from procrastination is a goal that he really intends to meet. I have been a victim of procrastination. It has dealt badly with me but I am determined to tame it down now.
Well said, when you have a goal in front that you are determined to achieve, even procrastination will not stop you from reaching that goal. Unless maybe the goal is not that important in the first place.

Comfort zone is one attribute that sponsors procrastination. People would always console themselves and not do the things they are supposed to do because they don't want to stretch beyond their comfort zones.

Comfort zone is one attribute that sponsors procrastination. People would always console themselves and not do the things they are supposed to do because they don't want to stretch beyond their comfort zones.
I also believe that the fear of what will happen if they leave their comfort zone is what makes people to procrastinate in some things. But they should give it a try first, one can never know what lies ahead.

I never procrastinate as I was raised not to. My father said 'You might as well do it first as last' meaning 'Do it now and get it over with as you'll have to do it sometime anyway'. I have never forgotten this great Irish wisdom.

I think it all depends on whether you enjoy what you do. For example, I really love my own business, so I never procrastinate. I have periods when I get tired, but any body can get tired of anything

Back