Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How To Say No To Others ?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Learning to say no to others has been a liberating experience! I've realized that saying no to others means saying yes to myself. I prioritize my own needs and boundaries, and communicate them assertively yet respectfully. I use phrases like "I appreciate the ask, but I need to decline" or "I'm not able to commit to that right now." By setting healthy limits, I've reduced feelings of resentment and overwhelm, and created space for more meaningful connections and pursuits. It's empowering to honor my own needs and desires!

How To Say No To Others ?

I like to help others, but when it is at the detriment of my own interest, I will have no choice but to say no to your request. I will not out of being a good person do something that will be to the detriment of myself.

I believe it would get to a stage where you would realize. There was a time where I normally find it hard to say no to people, even when it was hurting me. In the end I came to realize that my happiness also matters.

Saying no to people is an art. It is something I struggle with, which is why some have taken advantage of me. In life, we must reject the things that we dislike and not accept everything that other people say. It's always wiser to say no once rather than keep doing the activities we find uncomfortable.

Saying no to people is an art. It is something I struggle with, which is why some have taken advantage of me. In life, we must reject the things that we dislike and not accept everything that other people say. It's always wiser to say no once rather than keep doing the activities we find uncomfortable.
It will be nice if you can learn to say no to people from now on. Most of them will not appreciate the fact that you are going out of your way to help them. Help yourself first, if there's excess, then you can extend to those who need.

It will be nice if you can learn to say no to people from now on. Most of them will not appreciate the fact that you are going out of your way to help them. Help yourself first, if there's excess, then you can extend to those who need.

I agree with that, but like I mentioned, I find it difficult to say no to the individuals I admire, and that's how they take advantage of me. One of my closest friends used to seek for my assistance anytime he felt like no one else was there for him, but he would always come up with an excuse when I asked. In the end, I broke up with that friend for my own benefit.

I agree with that, but like I mentioned, I find it difficult to say no to the individuals I admire, and that's how they take advantage of me. One of my closest friends used to seek for my assistance anytime he felt like no one else was there for him, but he would always come up with an excuse when I asked. In the end, I broke up with that friend for my own benefit.
Experience is the best teacher. I believe experience should have taught you now that it is not everytime you go out of your way to help someone, however close they might be. Your interest should always come first.

I do not have any difficulty to say no if I have to. I don't like to appear diplomatic and say no indirectly or try saying yes even though I actually mean no. I can say no even to my parents, elders or bosses and managers. I don't say yes to make some one happy. If I don't like it, I will always say no.

Experience is the best teacher. I believe experience should have taught you now that it is not everytime you go out of your way to help someone, however close they might be. Your interest should always come first.

I agree with you. With the time and the experience I have learned to say No to the people. But still sometimes because of the emotions I cannot reject what someone asks me. I know I will overcome my weakness in future.

I have always believed that humans need to love themselves more before they can love others. When situations warrant that you turn a person down, you better do. You have to learn how to prioritize yourself.

It's a skill to say NO and still not lose a friendship or relationship. So, yes, we need to learn the way, but mostly, I bluntly say No, and then I regret doing that.

Saying no can indeed be liberating, as it allows you to focus on what truly matters to you and maintain a healthy balance in your life.
Keep prioritizing yourself and your boundaries—it's empowering to live authentically and in alignment with your values.

Saying no can indeed be liberating, as it allows you to focus on what truly matters to you and maintain a healthy balance in your life.
Keep prioritizing yourself and your boundaries—it's empowering to live authentically and in alignment with your values.
No truer words have ever been said! Saying no when it is absolutely necessary will make you to focus on your personal life goals, something that should not be taken for granted.

It's true that you talk like that. You should always think about yourself first and if you don't like something or you just don't want it, then you should say no. It is a real art to learn to speak like that and I am still learning and practicing

I think that phrase, "I am not able to commit to that right now" is just a perfect way to say No to someone without actually looking like you are turning into the person down. You would just put yourself in a non committed position.

Actually I like to help others a lot no matter what and it's hard for me to say no to others but these days I don't have the passion to do so because no matter how hard you try people will never be satisfied

Back