Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How to deal with body odour?

Roman

Active Contributor

Reaction score
One of my cousin have a very bad body odour. I've tried everything I know in terms of deodorant and perfumes in order to help him fix the body odour but none of it is working so far.

Have you dealt with body odour before? How did you manage to sort it out?

Deodorants, perfumes and body sprays are usually enough for me.

Also clean clothes once (or twice) a day and regular showers.

There are also medical conditions that affect body odour. I went to school with someone who had such a condition, and when ever she sweated, the sweat would just be a really nasty smell- even in a bath of warm water, you could smell her. It was out of her control, and I was one of the few people who never teased her about it. She got loads of rude comments from kids and staff

Try not to sweat is the first step to righting body odour. Always make use of deodorants, perfumes and body sprays. Never wear any of your clothes more than once. Shave your armpits always, they reek with hairs under them. Take a minimum of 3 baths every day.

Take good bath whenever it's possible and never wear the same clothes twice for any reason whatsoever especially when you are the type of person who sweats a lot. Make use of deodorants, perfumes and body sprays to give yourself a good smell.

Take regular showers, exfoliating, using roll-on deodorants with a body spray and a long-lasting perfume scent.
Make sure you don't constantly wear the same clothes every day as well.

If body odour doesn't come from birth, it's the fault of the person who has the odour. He or she knowingly neglected their personal hygiene from early stage which caused them to develop the offensive body odour they have. They only need to take their personal hygiene seriously before the odour will leave them.

I've never had to deal with body odor but for people who are having this problem, they should just take a bath once a day after coming back from work. If it's a non-working day, they should take a bath in the afternoon. If they are involved in some activity that is causing them to sweat, they should take a bath again. Apart from that, cleaning the underarms helps a lot too. These practices will naturally help the person get rid of their body odor instead of hiding it using a deo or perfume.

Washing your body with perfumed soaps frequently, especially the sweaty parts like under arms, and then using deodorants and perfumes is one of the common ways to control bod ordor. This method works for most people. However, sometimes this might not work and I think going to a doctor and try to get a medical help is the best solution.

When I see or hear some people who say that they do not need to make use of perfumes and some other deodorants because they don't need them to smell, I would just laugh at their ignorance. No matter how many times you take your bath, there's a way each person's skin smell. This is why when you wear off a cloth before washing it, the clothes will have one kind odour as a result of your sweat.

One mistake people make is making use of perfumes thinking that it will mask out the body odor, but it will only make it worse after you have sweat some more. Antiperspirant will be a better option to kill off strong odors.

Dealing with body odor requires consistent hygiene habits. Bathe regularly with an antibacterial soap, scrubbing areas prone to sweat and odor. Use an aluminum-based antiperspirant daily after showering. Wear breathable fabrics that wick moisture.

I shower every morning, use underarm deodorant, and slap on cologne.

One of the best ways to deal with this having regular baths, and always ensure your cloths and underwears are clear. Make use of good perfumes as well.

Back