Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How soon after eating do you wash the dishes?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
Many people do not wash the dishes after eating because they want to rest because their stomachs are full of food. For example, I try to wash the dishes right away because then I have even more no desire to do it than right after eating.

I hate doing dishes, therefore, I don't do the dishes right after eating. I will be doing the dishes only when I am ready to cook new meal. However, when I have to go out I don't like coming back to the house where dirty dishes wait for you. Therefore, I clean the dishes right after eating when I am going out.

My sister taught me how to do my dishes immediately after eating because it is much easier for you to wash those plates when the food particles are still very soft on the plate. She is strictly against having the dishes dumped in the washing sink after eating without washing them immediately and since then, I've been doing my dishes immediately after eating.

My sister taught me how to do my dishes immediately after eating because it is much easier for you to wash those plates when the food particles are still very soft on the plate. She is strictly against having the dishes dumped in the washing sink after eating without washing them immediately and since then, I've been doing my dishes immediately after eating.
Oddly enough, my sister also taught me this, because I used to avoid washing the dishes very often for a long time, but over time, when they forced me, I started washing immediately after eating, and now it is my habit

Oddly enough, my sister also taught me this, because I used to avoid washing the dishes very often for a long time, but over time, when they forced me, I started washing immediately after eating, and now it is my habit

I knew from experience that what she told me was true. This is because when you leave the dirty plates on the wishing sink, it's going to start smelling which will ruin the whole kitchen. Since then, I always make sure to wash my dishes when I'm done eating.

For me I prefer washing the dishes immediately after eating to prevent them from pulling up. Another reason is because the moment I leave the kitchen to sit or relax, I won't be motivated to go near the kitchen again for any kind of work.

For me I prefer washing the dishes immediately after eating to prevent them from pulling up. Another reason is because the moment I leave the kitchen to sit or relax, I won't be motivated to go near the kitchen again for any kind of work.
This is a 100 percent correct opinion because many times when I lived not alone but with someone, for some reason everyone left the dishes in the sink and then simply forgot to wash them and the food very often stuck to the plate so much that it was difficult to wash it afterwards

Not really soon as I like to be seated a few minutes after eating to allow the food to settle and digest fully. Maybe like 30 minutes later I go to do the dishes. And sometimes I do it altogether before I go to bed at night.

I generally try to wash dishes relatively soon after eating, within 30 minutes or so. I find it's much easier to clean things when food residue hasn't had a chance to fully dry and stick to the plates and utensils.

I generally try to wash dishes relatively soon after eating, within 30 minutes or so. I find it's much easier to clean things when food residue hasn't had a chance to fully dry and stick to the plates and utensils.
^^^Same here.

It happens to me instantly. I usually cook so my husband does the dishes. I'm tired after cooking and he's not, so he washes the dishes immediately after eating and then we go to rest together

Immediately after eaten but I tends to take rest after washing the dishes because I don't want to be pulling them up

I wash my own dishes right after eating. My stomach doesn't bother me. I am not a heavy eater so no reason to relax due to tummy full. We only eat breakfast at home lunch at work. I bring my home cooked food ready to eat when hunger. At dinner time, at home with my sisters.

I know that the right thing is to wash the dishes immediately after eating but I unfortunately don't. When that laziness and procrastination has eaten deep inside me. Sometimes, I do the dishes the following day. Or sometimes after some hours.

Bacteria will reside in the dishes if they will not be washed right after eating. You may observe a foul smell and that is a rotten smell. You need to soak the dishes with clorox and hot water or else your stomach gets sick.

Back