Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How real are the reality shows?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Is reality TV real or scripted? Reality TV shows are advertised as "real," but they all look fake because the candidate whom you never judged a winner comes out to be a winner at the end. Typically, show producers control the show and encourage participants to act in the way they say. I don't like to watch reality shows these days.

What's your view on this?

Most reality shows I think are planned but not completely scripted. Well, I know Duck Dynasty is that way and also wrestling, I think.

They call them reality shows but in truth these people are no longer being real. They try to look good for the camera, even the producers and sponsors tend to tell them what to do, things that would benefit them in terms of viewership.

In my opinion, they are always scripted, could be when they started many years ago they were real but with time these tv channels are doing everything to make these more popular to earn more revenue

I read a review about Big Boss, which is the most scripted reality show. From the very first episode, it is decided who will win the show, and in all the following episodes, they all act like what the director says.

I read a review about Big Boss, which is the most scripted reality show. From the very first episode, it is decided who will win the show, and in all the following episodes, they all act like what the director says.
That's pretty much how most reality shows works these days. The so called sponsor and the likes tends to run the show. The truth of the matter is in the end all they are after is how they can make profit.

Absolutely; after all, they want to make a profit from their shows, and that's how they do it. I pity the audience that watches them with curiosity. With all this, I come to the conclusion that it's easy to make the audience fool.

Hahaha that's true though, anyways believe most people know about this but they just choose to still watch this reality shows and try their best to enjoy it.

Nah, most of them are scripted and twisted to make them look real. I am never a fan of reality shows because they mostly follow the script.

I don't know how real they are, what I do know is that they are super entertaining and I love to watch these things whenever I can.

@Mad Hatter Yes, that's how they make profits because they know that even after knowing it, they will have a good audience to view their shows. They make it too entertaining for them through their scripts. It's not your fault.😀

All these are scripted, you can see even kids reality shows, they are shown as so confident and if you talk about Indian Idol then they are trying to male love stories there just to make viewers interested

I don't watch Indian idol because of this reason. And most of the people know this but still they watch these shows and get entertained.

I hate these shows and don't think I have ever followed any reality show like that.

I hate these shows and don't think I have ever followed any reality show like that.
Same here, I don't follow any reality show, I find them abit boring if you ask me and I don't really know what people enjoy from it.

Same here, I don't follow any reality show, I find them abit boring if you ask me and I don't really know what people enjoy from it.
The sad thing is that there are a lot of people watching these shod, that's how they are able to take in a lot of money and they can't stop.

There's not even a 1 percent reality in them, that's why I find it a waste of time and resources watching them. I've got better things to channel those things to.

The sad thing is that there are a lot of people watching these shod, that's how they are able to take in a lot of money and they can't stop.
Lol yes that's true. Even if people know it's rigged or fake, they would still watch it, the highest they would do is complain and complain but still watch it while complaining.

There's not even a 1 percent reality in them, that's why I find it a waste of time and resources watching them. I've got better things to channel those things to.
Funny thing is that people still pay to vote their favorite person on the show! If that is not stupidity at it's peak, I don't know what is.

I think that most projects are still simple shows and I have a script. However, I think that people are tired of it, so many would like to create their own stories that would be 100 percent true and, in my opinion, it would be more interesting to the viewer

Back