Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How is Chaucer's use of bird imagery in the House of Fame and Parliament of Fowls comparable to our theories of bird imagery in dreams today?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Chaucer's use of bird imagery in his works like House of Fame and Parliament of Fowls, and modern theories of bird imagery in dreams share commonalities. Birds in both contexts symbolize freedom, creativity and the subconscious. In dreams, birds may represent personal growth, transformation and emotions. Chaucer's poetry also uses birds to convey themes of love, beauty and truth, reflecting the significance of birds as messengers between the human and divine realms.

So which means if I dream and see a bird in my dream, it could also be interpreted as my inner self trying to be free?

Back