Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies How has your taste in movies evolved over the years, and what factors influence your choices?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
If you are a movie lover you may have noticed that your taste in movies has evolved over the years. What caused this is something only you will know yourself depending on how your taste in movies changed.

If you are a movie lover, have you noticed that your taste in movies has evolved over the years? What do you feel influenced these changes?

These days I am more into exploring characters and stories. I like complex characters and complex story lines. In the past, I used to like light movies or movies with a lot of CGI. These days I have washed my hands from super hero movies. I am more into historical movies. Historical movies will let you understand history without having to read too many books

Last edited:
Horror genre movies and TV shows isn't what it used to be decades ago. More than 90% of horror movies are focused on gore theatrics and too much blood.

What is the most important thing in any movie I watch is the plot. It does not matter the genre of the movie for once the plot is very interesting and it does not throw me off like some TV shows I watched in the past, for example Lost, Heros and The Godfather, I would not be able to complete the movie or TV show.

I have changed my taste a lot since I first started watching movies only the ones I wanted and not the ones shown on TV. I started watching all the movies I could find and then I didn't often pay attention to the rating and it was bad because I wasted my time on movies that weren't worth paying attention to and now I understand that you can trust the rating and maybe save time

These days I am more into exploring characters and stories. I like complex characters and complex story lines. In the past, I used to like light movies or movies with a lot of CGI. These days I have washed my hands from super hero movies. I am more into historical movies. Historical movies will let you understand history without having to read too many books
I have also changed somewhat in this regard, like you, however, you should understand that now all films are made by marketers and not real directors, so even historical films can be happily made just so that it looks good, but there is no compatibility with real history, so such historical ones are still worth looking for

Another thing which helped with my taste or preference with some movies that I watch now is the kind of recommendations I'm getting from others who are good at watching so many movies. I watch most of the movies they recommend to me and this open up many doors to other movies genre I couldn't find on my own.

Another thing which helped with my taste or preference with some movies that I watch now is the kind of recommendations I'm getting from others who are good at watching so many movies. I watch most of the movies they recommend to me and this open up many doors to other movies genre I couldn't find on my own.
For some reason, it's the opposite for me, because I often tried to look for movies with good recommendations to understand whether it's worth watching, but I have a completely different taste and what many people like, I don't like, so I have to watch the movie myself and then decide whether it's good or not

I also get some movies on my own and watch for me to decide on the movie's review after watching it. It was like this movie The Flash DC. It was hyped so much before it was released. I watched the trailer which I would say it's very good. After watching the movie, I rated it 3/10 because it was crap.

Actually I haven't changed my views much because I used to like watching dramas and romantic comedies and now I have such tastes and I don't think I will change my opinion with time because these movies are always great and it's even hard to make a romantic movie bad

Actually I haven't changed my views much because I used to like watching dramas and romantic comedies and now I have such tastes and I don't think I will change my opinion with time because these movies are always great and it's even hard to make a romantic movie bad
Dramas are near to our lives. That means what you could see in drama could illustrate the real life of a person. They could be a good source of good lessons to the people. It could be a good alternative for us to watch them.

When I was young, I used to go all out and would easily kill to see an action movie especially the ones produced by Hollywood and China. As I grew, I became more conscious of life and delved into romance themed movies and also, movies that have themes of social consciousness.

Over time, my movie preferences have become more refined and eclectic. While I still enjoy blockbuster spectacles, I've developed a deeper appreciation for independent, art-house, and foreign films that offer more nuanced storytelling and a diversity of perspectives. Factors like critical reception, personal recommendations, thematic relevance, and the filmmakers' creative vision now play a significant role in shaping my cinematic tastes.

There was a time when I was just focused on a particular type of movie, but these days I am a lot more open. I watch almost every kind of movie. As for what influenced this change in me I really can't tell though.

I think my age influenced me the most because in the early days I liked to watch dramas. I don't want to say that dramas are only for children, but as I got older, I stopped liking them and started watching more action movies and thrillers

Featured Articles

Back