Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How does empathy affect decision making?

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
As we know, empathy is the ability to understand and if possible share the feelings of another person. When it comes to decision making, the choices we make most times are usually based om how we feel. There are people who believe empathy tends to affect decision making negatively because a person might make a particular choice simply based on how they feel about something or someone, hence their choice might not be the right one but simply because they understand what others are going through they make decisions based on that. Then there are those who feel the only way we can make the right decisions is if you have empathy. What's your take on this?

Empathy can really have a negative impact on decision-making because some people can understand how much someone needs help and can even sacrifice their own interests. Another very big problem is that other people can manipulate such people and force them to do what they don't want through their sense of empathy.

Actually empathy have a negative on decision making because no matter what at that moment you are out of control and I don't think you could make any decision

For me l can say that empathy is very important thing for a person to have for them to make a very important decisions for that matter. I have realized that the empathy is really plays a very important role on making informed decisions.

Back