Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How do you think traditions have changed over time?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I wonder if the situation in your country is similar to mine, because in recent years I have especially observed how everything that I considered to be tradition is changing and even disappearing due to the fact that young people want to be very modern and they do not want to do traditions that are more than 500 years old and can be very funny or irrational

Traditions are not rigid, they frequently change. Traditions adapt to changed time. If the tradition cannot adapt to the changed time, they will simply not followed by people and eventually die. A lot of ancient traditions have died because they could not adapt to the changed time. Traditions are not absolute thing.

The way which I am going to give you an instance when it comes to how tradition have changed over time is what we have in technology advancement today. This is because whatever we are using today have been developed and upgraded by technology to make that thing to be more efficient and better for people to make use of it.

You are very right, because I saw with my own eyes when quite young people did not want to carry out some traditions because they were not pushed to modern times and they have not changed even after 100 years, and therefore, over time, I think that tradition will disappear altogether if someone does not transform it .

You are very right, because I saw with my own eyes when quite young people did not want to carry out some traditions because they were not pushed to modern times and they have not changed even after 100 years, and therefore, over time, I think that tradition will disappear altogether if someone does not transform it .

There is still a possibility of some of our traditions still being maintained even with what technological advancement have been doing in our society so far because some traditions are tied down deep to cultural values of the people which will be very difficult to be replaced by any kind of technology advancement.

Tradition has indeed changed a lot. These days people call it the modern world. Thanks to the Internet, people now have access to other cultures they know notting about, and they start copying it totally forgetting their own traditions.

Tradition has indeed changed a lot. These days people call it the modern world. Thanks to the Internet, people now have access to other cultures they know notting about, and they start copying it totally forgetting their own traditions.
So it's a bit bad that a lot of traditions can be intertwined, which can create more serious consequences in the distant future when many peoples can even quarrel over whose tradition it really is

Technology has brought a lot of changes to the way people live and how they respect traditions. It is now not business as usual.

We have seen cases where people now do tradional marriages that is supposed to be done in the villages at towns and that was not the way it used to be.

I don't like tradition. Why should I conform just to suit someone else's agenda?

Tradition is o.k. but today's youth are so vain and selfish that they only care about how many social media likes they get. They don't seem to care about traditions.

Traditions evolve and adapt as societies progress. Some ancient traditions fade away, losing relevance or practicality in modern times. Other traditions persist but transform, taking on new meanings or forms to remain significant. Globalization and cross-cultural interactions also introduce novel traditions that merge with existing ones.

I also notice these winters. I personally also change some traditions and make them so that they are convenient for all my family members. In my opinion, traditions cannot exist in their original form

It's expected with time. Especially younger generation does not like to follow any traditions and they like to ask questions on age-old traditions

Actually yes and I think it almost everywhere in the world the younger generation are not likely to their traditions and most of the peoples hardly visit their villages and most of peoples tends to forget their traditions copying the others

Back