Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How do you resolve conflicts with people you live with?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I don't mean your close people with whom you live, I'm more interested in conflicts with friends or just acquaintances if you live together in the same house, because I know that everyone is very different and situations often arise that need to be resolved together, otherwise there will be a protracted conflict. I never wanted to live with someone because I know that everyone wants to do their own thing and I have no desire to create conflict situations.

One of the best ways, as far as my experience goes when it comes to managing conflict with the people I live in, is to keep your mouth shut. When you do not speak, the conflict will not continue. When you stop hurling words, another party will also eventually shit his or her mount. After sometime, you can community to sort out the differences.

One of the best ways, as far as my experience goes when it comes to managing conflict with the people I live in, is to keep your mouth shut. When you do not speak, the conflict will not continue. When you stop hurling words, another party will also eventually shit his or her mount. After sometime, you can community to sort out the differences.
But in this way, you will not be able to solve the conflict, and if you just stay silent, people will not stop doing what you don't like. For example, if they don't take out the trash and you have the same responsibilities, you can't just say nothing and do everything instead of him. In my opinion, the conflict should be resolved immediately as soon as it is discussed

I am not currently living with anyone which is why I don't have to resolve any conflict between anybody since I am living alone but I have been involved in a conflict resolution group that was set to handle the an issue between two families in my neighborhood which we did a very good job in settling the problem between them.

I am not currently living with anyone which is why I don't have to resolve any conflict between anybody since I am living alone but I have been involved in a conflict resolution group that was set to handle the an issue between two families in my neighborhood which we did a very good job in settling the problem between them.
In my opinion, it is not a very good idea to involve individual people to resolve disputes between different families, because they will not always agree to the terms of those who propose, and they should have agreed between themselves, however, that it will be beneficial for both of them

In my opinion, it is not a very good idea to involve individual people to resolve disputes between different families, because they will not always agree to the terms of those who propose, and they should have agreed between themselves, however, that it will be beneficial for both of them

Before a group of people are selected to work as a conflict resolution team, they must have been recognized as people who are trustworthy and dependent when it comes to giving an unbiased opinion in solving dispute between parties. It's the reason why such group will be appreciated where it can be found.

No, I let them handle it on their own unless it is my business to do so.

There is no point mediating in an argument unless you are invited. Some people do that, that's a separate breed.

I don't live in the same house with friends though but back then in school. Whenever there was an issue what we did was call out does at fault and quickly discuss it. We state what both parties did wrong and what they should have done.

As humans, it is normal to have conflicts between each other. As outsider I try not to take sides, instead, I will try to mediate between both parties and resolve the issue. The conflict doesn't have to escalate if I try to step in on time.

When conflicts arise with the people I live with, I try to approach the situation calmly and objectively. I believe open and honest communication is key. I make an effort to express my feelings and perspectives clearly, while also actively listening to understand their side.

No, I let them handle it on their own unless it is my business to do so.

There is no point mediating in an argument unless you are invited. Some people do that, that's a separate breed.
True most times it would be better to let them sort things out themselves, cause getting Involved might only cause some issues. Then again if I see their argument is affecting me, I would have no choice but to get involved.

I once had a friend who lived in the house, and she did not want to perform a lot of household duties, which we divided equally between us. She refused to do this and we simply resolved this situation by saying that she would pay more money for food and utilities, but she would not clean and prepare food.

Back