Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How did you meet your partner?

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
For those of you that are in a relationship or married, how did you meet your partner?

I meet my girlfriend in a work convention I was sent to. We got along very easily and it's how we started talking. Before you know what's happening, we have a full blown relationship.

I'm not in any relationship now, I don't have any partner. I've been discouraged about relationships as a result of all the divorce going on with so many people.

I don't have any partner at the moment and I'm not looking for one. Relationship is a distraction for me right now. I have bigger fish to fry than love and sex.

I meet my partner in the cinema. We came to watch the same movie and we got along so well. It's how we started seeing each other. We have been together for 7 months.

My girlfriend is from my high school. We've been together since we finished and if God may have it, we are going to be getting married next year if all things goes as planned.

I met my current partner through a forum I used to own. We have known each other since 2009 but only got together in 2014, have been together now nearly 10 years :)

I met my partner at a place where she used to work. I am someone who doesn't enjoy meeting and asking for numbers while I am outside, but this beautiful lady caught my attention, and I said to myself that I need to make that move. She has been helpful and supportive to me, and that is something that I love so much about her.

I met my partner in my uncle's house. Interestingly, my uncle was also my partner's uncle. He was the husband of her mother's sister, and my uncle was my father's distant cousin. When we met, she did not talk much and it was me who did all the talking. However, these days, it is she who does all the talking.

I met my partner in my uncle's house. Interestingly, my uncle was also my partner's uncle. He was the husband of her mother's sister, and my uncle was my father's distant cousin. When we met, she did not talk much and it was me who did all the talking. However, these days, it is she who does all the talking.

That is an awesome connection. To be married to someone who has ties with another family member makes the connection to be stronger, and this is something that I find beautiful and good always.

I met my partner when I went to grind feed materials in a particular compound. She was living in that compound. I just said hi but something struck me. Months later, I had the chance to sit, and talk with her. And I asked her out. She agreed and we are together.

I met my girlfriend at school. We are not in the same department, but I have noticed her for some time and we usually meet each other in the same hangout spot. As time goes on we got closer and I eventually asked her out.

Though I am currently single, but I met my ex on Whatsapp. I was added to a group, it's more like I was forced to join, I never really chatted with her. But by chance we started talking and before you know it we started dating.

We have a tradition of arranged marriages here. I met my wife at a family function. My parents asked for my opinion on getting married to her and said "yes," and that's how we got married. We have been married for the last 20 years.

Though I am currently single, but I met my ex on Whatsapp. I was added to a group, it's more like I was forced to join, I never really chatted with her. But by chance we started talking and before you know it we started dating.

This is good. When you behan dating, how long did it take before the physical meeting took place?

There was this forum that went by the name of "Wicca's Cauldron" and we were both members on there. My girlfriend went by the username of "Jezebel" and I used the same username that I use on here. We hit it off on that forum and I went to visit her down in Los Angeles, and we became an item. Eventually she moved up to Montana and moved in with me, and from there we ended up here in Canada for our jobs.

This is good. When you behan dating, how long did it take before the physical meeting took place?
When we finally realized we had genuine feelings for each other I was already out of the country for school, though it was a neighboring country but things where pretty hard and expensive. It took around half a year or more before we finally met face to face.

When we finally realized we had genuine feelings for each other I was already out of the country for school, though it was a neighboring country but things where pretty hard and expensive. It took around half a year or more before we finally met face to face.
It must have been so emotional when you eventually meet each other! I can relate to this.

It must have been so emotional when you eventually meet each other! I can relate to this.
Lol it was though, we hugged for like a minute or more. People where just looking at us but they really didn't understand. Anyways that's in the past. She is getting married to someone else next . month, so am moving on.

Lol it was though, we hugged for like a minute or more. People where just looking at us but they really didn't understand. Anyways that's in the past. She is getting married to someone else next . month, so am moving on.
Wait what? She's getting married to someone else? Here I am thinking you guys are still together. So she's getting married soon, good for her. I hope you will be attending the wedding? 😃

Back