Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How can you improve your running endurance?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
Do you run or jog as a form of exercise? How do you improve your running endurance? There are certain techniques to follow. Gradually increasing running mileage, incorporating interval training, strength training, and cross-training activities, and paying attention to proper nutrition and hydration are all key strategies for improving running endurance. Consistency and patience are important, as improvements in endurance take time to develop.

In any kind of working out session you are involved with and the drills you are taking on every day as well as how consistent you are with those working out drills that is going to make your body to become very used to it. You will longer being stressed out too much whenever you are engaged in that kind of workout.

For me, the biggest factor in increasing endurance was just time because I just ran and did it regularly and over time my endurance increased a lot and it was easy

I used to run a lot. When I started I was doing a mile in 9 minutes, got that down to 7 minutes. I don't run anymore as I got into exercise machines and riding my mountain bike instead.

For me, the biggest factor in increasing endurance was just time because I just ran and did it regularly and over time my endurance increased a lot and it was easy
That's true. Consistency is the surest thing to boost your endurance as a runner. If you stay without running for like a week, that endurance you have built would drastically drop and you would need to start building again from scratch.

I used to run a lot. When I started I was doing a mile in 9 minutes, got that down to 7 minutes. I don't run anymore as I got into exercise machines and riding my mountain bike instead.
Indeed, only practice can increase stamina. Although I think even after you train on other machines, then your endurance in running will still increase

I improve on my running endurance through combination of consistent training and proper nutrition and I also try to gradually increase my mileage over time.

When you are consistent in a particular thing, it helps to improve how well you can do that thing. The same goes for running. If you want to improve your endurance for running, eat healthy, eat moderately, have enough rest and most importantly keep practicing.

Yes, running is definitely one of my go-to forms of exercise! I try to get out for a jog 3-4 times a week. To build up my endurance, I focus on increasing my mileage gradually and incorporating speed work like hill repeats and track intervals. Proper cross-training with strength workouts for my legs is key too. But most importantly, I've learned to listen to my body and allow for recovery days.

I have figured out that in my case, I usually run farther when I run with a couple of friends. Seeing them running will give me the motivation to keep up with them and so improve my endurance.

These are the basic things that you wrote about and it helps everyone and also endurance training in the fresh air helps me the most because that way I get a lot of air and it allows my lungs to burn more air. I feel the difference when I run indoors on a treadmill and outside

Back