Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How can I prevent muscle soreness after a workout?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
If you do strength training, high intensity interval training or workout in a gym, it is very likely that you will experience muscle soreness after your exercise routine. How can you prevent this? In my experience, one of the best ways to prevent muscle soreness is to warm up properly before exercising, and cool down afterwards. Things like staying hydrated, stretching regularly, and gradually increasing the intensity and duration of your workouts over time can also help.

I also often had such problems when I did not warm up before training, so I suffered such problems. It is very important to drink water, as you wrote. And when you do all this, even training becomes much more pleasant and muscles become more flexible

I learnt that Cristiano Ronaldo usually get into ice bathing after his working out routine and also after playing football. This is because the activity helps to calm and relax his muscle from being stressed out after working out and also playing football. This prevents him from being injured whenever he is working out or playing.

Research has also shown that eating red meat regularly can help the muscles to heal after workout sessions. So I try to eat sizable amount of it daily.

Someone said stretching before and after workouts helps prevents this. Before workouts helps warms the body and prepare it for the workout. While after helps relax the muscles.

Warming up can prevent this, but not 100 percent. If you use unusual dumbbells with a heavy weight, this cannot be avoided because the muscles may not be ready for this. But during the week adaptation will take place and this will not happen again

To prevent muscle soreness, it's important to gradually increase workout intensity over time to allow your body to adapt. Proper warm-up and cool-down are also key. Post-workout, replenish with protein and carbs to aid muscle repair. Stay hydrated, get enough sleep, and use foam rollers for self-massage.

Back