Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

How can I maintain a healthy diet while dining out?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
For busy individuals, dinning out is very common and it is well known fact that restaurant food is not healthy food. So what options do we have? Look for restaurants that offer healthier options or allow customization of meals, such as substituting fries for a side salad or choosing grilled instead of fried protein. You can also practice portion control by sharing entrees or taking half of your meal home for later.

All restaurants that offer meals for people on a diet are very expensive restaurants and you need to have enough money for them. In my opinion, in such cases, the best solution would be to take home prepared salads

The truth of the matter is you can't. Most of these restaurants we go out to, we don't know the ingredients they use in making some of the things we eat, then again even some of them who offer healthy diets as part of their menu, they are either usually expensive or some of them are just lying. It would be best you create time to cook yourself. This you can be sure of what you are eating, and at the same time save money.

Dining out doesn't have to derail your healthy eating efforts. Look for menu items that are baked, grilled, or steamed rather than fried. Ask for sauces and dressings on the side so you can control portions. Split an entree with a friend or take half home for later. Substitute vegetables or a salad for fries or chipsWith some planning, you can absolutely enjoy restaurant meals while sticking to your diet.

If you are so conscious about your health why do you have to dine out, why can't you eat at home and eat home cooked food. When I am dining out, I do not think about health, I only think about taste, I eat out to enjoy meals, which is not something I do frequently, so I do not care what I put inside my body.

Back