Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

hi I'm emily

emily

Enthusiast

Reaction score
I live in the UK.

I am a survivor of childhood physical abuse from my parents, and because of that and other complications, I have not spoken to any of my family in over 20 years. I have some lasting damage from the abuse, mainly muscle weakness- it also made me unable to work, which was hard to come to terms with at first since I had it all planned out.

I have many interests, most types of music, trivia/ quiz games, comedy movies, shopping, mcdonalds (yes every week without fail!), reading romance novels, and jokes/ humor. people often say I have two brains. I can't remember what I do from one moment to the next, but I always remember jokes people tell me

oh: and a fun fact is that I love spiders. not scared of them at all

Welcome to Discussion Hub, @emily!

I’m sorry to hear about the abuse you have suffered.

It’s great to have you with us :)

oh: and a fun fact is that I love spiders. not scared of them at all
Spider Tarantula GIF by GrandCanyonTV

Welcome

hi all and thanks all for the welcome.

a little frustrated that I've not yet got any emails from the forum (I should have some reply alerts to my threads by now), but hopefully that will be sorted soon

hi all and thanks all for the welcome.

a little frustrated that I've not yet got any emails from the forum (I should have some reply alerts to my threads by now), but hopefully that will be sorted soon
Make sure your email notifications are turned on in Your Account > Preferences > Content Options :)

Welcome to DH :)

I’m sorry for the abuse you’ve suffered. That must be tough! :(

Welcome aboard, Emily! I hope you enjoy this place.

Sorry to hear about the abuse you've suffered in your past - but I hope you're doing better now :) .

Welcome to the forum @emily ! I am so sorry to hear of your abuse. It's a lifelong journey in overcoming it. I've gotten to know you on many other forums & you are a kind person. :)
For spiders & other creatures, I have a healthy respect but not fear of them.

Back