Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you used fountain pens?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I remember in my childhood we had a rule in our school to use only the fountain pens and ballpoint pens were not allowed. It was a burden to fill the ink in the fountain pens daily in the morning to take them to school. There was a nib in that, which used to break with the time and had to be replaced from a shop.
There were lots of varieties available at the shop, and we used to have a collection of them to have different colors of ink in them. Have you used fountain pens in your childhood? Was ballpoint pens allowed in your school?

images (29).jpeg

That must have long ago because I never studied under any such rule during my school days

That must have long ago because I never studied under any such rule during my school days

Maybe, in your school it was not a compulsion. Now a days I don't see such compulsion in my kids' school too.

Yes there is no compulsion and it's everyone's choice to use any type of pen

I used fountain pens when I was in school, but that was over 15 years ago.

Back then we didn't have such rules. I have never used a fountain pen though

Back