Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you purchased anything from AliExpress?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
So over the last month or so, we have been watching and following the Euro 2024 tournament and one of the advertisers/sponsors of the tournament is a company called AliExpress.

Curious, we took a look and it is an app/site similar to Temu and TikTok shop which offers a lot of great stuff.

My son purchased three things from there just the other day costing a total of £0.97p, he purchased a smartwatch, an LED light and a rechargeable fan. They are quite good quality for the price.

I recently installed it on my phone and have already found things I would pick up that would be useful.

Have you used or purchased anything from AliExpress?

A few years ago I purchased a few jewelry items from AliExpress, many of the pieces were beautiful, but not all. Hit or miss I guess. I never wanted to take that chance again, so I never got anything else from them.

I have never tried it, but I have heard about it. I guess it's a Chinese app. I don't trust Chinese products because of their quality issues and the lack of guarantee the shopkeeper gives when they are sold here. I will check it out if I can find anything good on the site.

I bought many different things on AliExpress. It was a long time ago and now I don't buy anything because the quality is simply terrible and I prefer to buy from my country in order to see for myself the quality of the product

I have never even thought of buying anything from Aliexpress and have heard terrible stories about Aliexpress

What stories have you heard about AliExpress?
You need to pay at front and many times you don't even receive the product or the product is damaged when you receive or received different product than ordered

You need to pay at front and many times you don't even receive the product or the product is damaged when you receive or received different product than ordered

This is the problem with any app when you purchase anything online. Even on Amazon people complain about it.

Amazon is like an Indian app so it's easier to return and get money back and I really adore Amazon but Aliexpress is not good

I have never made any purchase from there before, but I think it might be a bit stressful for me due to my location.

I have never made any purchase from there before, but I think it might be a bit stressful for me due to my location.
It is really not. I have made purchases from there. It is all about being patient. It takes about 90 days to ship to Nigeria. I know that is quite much but if it is something that you can be patient about, you can purchase there.

It is really not. I have made purchases from there. It is all about being patient. It takes about 90 days to ship to Nigeria. I know that is quite much but if it is something that you can be patient about, you can purchase there.

It will take 90 days only if the shipment is through sea. I think they must be having an option where a person can ask them to deliver a product through air/sea transport. I won't like to purchase from it because I won't like to spend money on the shipment.

It will take 90 days only if the shipment is through sea. I think they must be having an option where a person can ask them to deliver a product through air/sea transport. I won't like to purchase from it because I won't like to spend money on the shipment.
90 days for a free shipping. But if you want expedited shipping, you would pay for shipping. I think that is an option that mostly business people would love to explore since they buy in large quantities.

Yes 90 days is pretty long but in this case it would simply to purchase things you are not in need of urgently.

No I have never tried to purchased anything from Ali express because I used to make my order from jumia and I think its okay because it only took some day's to delivered to my address and their are so many you could order for free no shipping fee

I haven't purchase anything from AliExpress before. I have heard about it some years back because I don't have the trust of buying online, I didn't try to buy from there but I heard they are good.

I like to order goods on AliExpress, but the main problem is that the delivery takes a very long time. Of course, these are things that can wait longer, but during this period I may lose the desire to use them

Back