Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you gone on a cruise?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I have always wished to go on a cruise. I have seen people enjoying their vacations on the ship in the movies. It must be fun to spend days in a sort of village on the ship. It must be relaxing to watch from the ship. I have never traveled on a ship in my life. Have you ever been on a cruise or have you ever traveled by ship?

It's also my dream to be on cruise but there is no one among my friends from deep sea swimming. They are not a fan of cruising. My colleagues at work are afraid to go because in case worse comes to worse, they cannot swim. They do not know how to swim. I also cannot go alone. My family does not also like. I hope someday l will meet someone having the same interest as mine.

I have never been on one before, there is just so much I have not experienced. I really hope I get to experience this one at though.

It will be a fascinating thing on cruise but I have not found a friend interested to join me in this adventure. Apart from the expenses which are quiet expensive, they are also afraid of the presence of war this time that continues to escalate. They are indeed right and agree with them.

It will be a fascinating thing on cruise but I have not found a friend interested to join me in this adventure. Apart from the expenses which are quiet expensive, they are also afraid of the presence of war this time that continues to escalate. They are indeed right and agree with them.

I don't know how much it cost but I wish to go for it at least once in my life. I will do it after few years with my wife. I need to check if here in India , the availability of cruises and the cost and check if it's in the budget or not.

I don't know how much it cost but I wish to go for it at least once in my life. I will do it after few years with my wife. I need to check if here in India , the availability of cruises and the cost and check if it's in the budget or not.
I have not consulted about how much to spend but in the past I was told that it costs $ 3000. Food is not included. We have to prepare extra amount for assurance that we will not run out of money. I may also go on cruise when the war is over among the warring countries.

Last edited:
I never planned to get on a cruise and it's quite expensive also. I will plan about it only after my retirement.

I never planned to get on a cruise and it's quite expensive also. I will plan about it only after my retirement.

That's fine because it would be tough to get many leaves to go on the cruise; at least my boss won't allow me. I would also try to fulfill my wish after retirement, when I will have no work or obligations.

That's fine because it would be tough to get many leaves to go on the cruise; at least my boss won't allow me. I would also try to fulfill my wish after retirement, when I will have no work or obligations.
No boss will allow unless you make a case of sick leave 🤒 or death of some close relative who happens to stay in a different state 🤣

My boss is generous and allows us to leave for a maximum of a week, but not more than that because everyone has a role in the organization and things get affected by the absence of a person. We do have layoffs of a week twice a year, and we plan a tour during these layoffs, but a cruise requires more than a week's time.

Then it's good and you can look at the options in which you can go to a cruise and also back at work in a weeks time

No, the cruise requires more than week's time, my boss won't allow it.

Then better to wait for retirement or some other time slot that fits your schedule for a cruise.

Back