Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever met new people through your hobby?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
My hobby of rock climbing has allowed me to meet so many amazing people from all walks of life. There's an inherent sense of community and camaraderie at the climbing gym. Spotting and encouraging each other on tough routes naturally brings people together. I've made some great friends by regularly climbing with the same crew. We'll grab food after sessions and bond over our shared passion. The rock climbing community is incredibly welcoming of newcomers too. It's a hobby that has expanded my social circle in unexpected ways.

Have you ever met new people through your hobby?

Indeed I have met new people through my hobby, whenever I cycle around, I usually meet other people on their bikes too and we ride our bikes together and talk about many things. From there, a new friendship is made.

Since my hobby is my business, well it's safe to say I have met so many new persons from my hobby alone who are my customers.

No, I have never met anyone because of my hobby. I like handy craft, pottery, watching sports, browsing new things on net.

Have you ever thought about monetizing your hobby? Who knows, it might be the next big thing out there.

Football and music are my hobby. And I have met countless people through these two things. I have some of my closest friends from the pitch or the studio.

Do you also go to shows where you play music? Or do you only play in church?

I don't have any such hobbies and I am not really good at meeting with new people and takes my time to make friends

What about for your personal work? Do you meet new people for that?

No I don't need to do that, mostly I need to attend a few calls of new people and most of the times they are the ones whom I am already in touch

Okay then, that's actually understandable.

I won't be comfortable meeting new people and prefer to work with a fixed group whom I already know well

Of course. When I first became interested in embroidery, I looked for a lot of information and this allowed me to meet many people. I also started attending free courses and there I met many people with whom I still communicate

Back