Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever learned a new skill through your hobby?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Myy one hobby of home brewing has taught me so many valuable new skills over the years. From understanding the science of yeast fermentation to perfecting temperature control techniques, there was a steep learning curve initially. But mastering the process of going from grains to a finely crafted beer is immensely satisfying. I've even picked up handy skills like wiring electrical brewing systems and using power tools to build customized equipment. My hobby has allowed me to get hands-on experience with things I never imagined I'd learn.

Have you ever learned a new skill through your hobby?

Not exactly, maybe the only thing I have learned from the hobbies are getting better in them. Like I get better in cycling, playing football, tennis. That's all.

From the very beginning, I had a hobby for graphic designing it was from there I decided to fully learn and know more about graphics so I can start a business in it.

One of my hobbies is music and I get to learn new skills almost every time from it. The last skill I learned was how to split a single piano to play as 3 different instruments at the same time.

One of my hobbies is music and I get to learn new skills almost every time from it. The last skill I learned was how to split a single piano to play as 3 different instruments at the same time.
Wow that's pretty impressive, the most I have seen is people splitting it to make it sound like two different musical instruments at the same time.

Mo hobbies haven't helped me learn anything like that but if I can start book reading as a hobby then it may help

I am constantly learning new skills from my hobby since it's also my business. I have to constantly improve my skills to be able to succeed.

That's great, I also wish to add more productive things in my schedule that I should do in my free time to make myself productive

Yes and it could be a new way to make more money for yourself.

I was also planning to learn web designing or something like that but haven't started it as yet

There was a time I had plans to learn web designing but some other things came up, and I really didn't have the time to learn one.

I know it can be hard and that's why its best to learn while we are studying as then we can easily grasp new things

Back