Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever had to deal with a pet emergency?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
I have had to deal with a pet emergency before with my dog Lucy. One night she started vomiting repeatedly and couldn't keep any water down. I grew increasingly worried about dehydration and rushed her to the emergency vet clinic. It ended up being a case of gastroenteritis, but they had to keep her overnight on IV fluids. It was nerve-wracking, but I'm just grateful we caught it in time. Since then, I'm extra cautious about any concerning symptoms and don't hesitate to get pets checked out promptly.

Have you ever had to deal with a pet emergency?

My cat named Venus was running around the kitchen one day, unfortunately it jumped on the kitchen counter and came in contact with a knife which cut it's leg a little. The cry it gave out showed that those animals have feelings afterall. I applied first aid treatment to eat and bandage the wound after which I took it to a veterinary for disinfection.

I've never owned a pet, therefore I've never needed to take one to the vet right away. However, there are many veterinary clinics in our area with hospitals where one can bring their pet for a checkup. Many acquaintances have visited these clinics, as far as I'm aware.

I don't have pets, so I have never had to deal with things like this before.

Fortunately, I did not have such situations because I visited the vet very often with my dog for examinations, but there are not even such emegrencies in my city. If something were to happen to my dog at night, it is unlikely that anyone would help me

Back