Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have you ever been fired from a job?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I have never experienced job loss. I recall that many people lost their jobs during the global recession a few years ago. When COVID-19 spread across throughout the world in 2019 and lockdowns occurred in the majority of the countries, businesses suffered greatly and employers were forced to terminate staff. Fortunately, I kept my employment during both of those periods. Have you ever lost your job for any other reason or because the firm was having trouble?

Actually you are right but and I haven't fired from my job because I just recently to started but those days most of worker's got fired by force

Actually you are right but and I haven't fired from my job because I just recently to started but those days most of worker's got fired by force

What job you do? Yes, during COVID most of the people in the sectors like hotel and tourism lost their jobs. And it became tough for them even after the things became normal. They were the worst day when people had to adjust without or less money.

So far I have not, the closest I have had was a contract job I went for. After my contract was expired I was called back home.

No , of course, no one can fire me because if my academic records and work performance, I also have not heard here in my city an employee git fired but my college dean during my terttiary level was fired because of an immoral act. She got pregnant with her student.

What job you do? Yes, during COVID most of the people in the sectors like hotel and tourism lost their jobs. And it became tough for them even after the things became normal. They were the worst day when people had to adjust without or less money.
I am part of the cleaners in government house currently and a day I just spend 1 to 2 hours in the morning and the job seems very nice to me as a student

Thankfully this has never happened to me and during the Covid phase I worked extra to compensate for another employee who was sent back and never called back

I got fired from one job because I complained that it was too hard and they shouldn't ask us to work more than our schedule. I constantly worked more hours and it was difficult because of this, so I was fired as a weak link in the structure of this cafe

Thankfully this has never happened to me and during the Covid phase I worked extra to compensate for another employee who was sent back and never called back
I am also lucky that I never experienced being fired at my work place. During the pandemic we work online with no deductions of salary except that it was so boring at first. It's better there is Internet to resume work online.

I am also lucky that I never experienced being fired at my work place. During the pandemic we work online with no deductions of salary except that it was so boring at first. It's better there is Internet to resume work online.
I agree it was tough and hard to manage but we managed to pass that time and stayed strong and that helped all of us

I agree it was tough and hard to manage but we managed to pass that time and stayed strong and that helped all of us
Until this time part of my load schedule is to be done online which I feel happy hehe. I can hitch some minutes posting while at home. It was not easy to deal those trying years of our work online. We're lucky we're retained at work others were retrenched.

Until this time part of my load schedule is to be done online which I feel happy hehe. I can hitch some minutes posting while at home. It was not easy to deal those trying years of our work online. We're lucky we're retained at work others were retrenched.
I agree it was hard for everyone of us but we got lucky and were determined to do well so it helps us all

I agree it was hard for everyone of us but we got lucky and were determined to do well so it helps us all
Yes, we were lucky during the Covid episode. It was the worst many died , many lost their jobs, and many businesses big and small were closed and were never opened even during the new normal. New normal but many lives turned sb normal. Why? it's because life is never the same again.

I am very grateful to God that it has never happened to me or to my husband so far. I work in Education department and there the risk of getting fired is very less.

No, but I’ve walked out/quit on a few jobs.

No , of course, no one can fire me because if my academic records and work performance, I also have not heard here in my city an employee git fired but my college dean during my terttiary level was fired because of an immoral act. She got pregnant with her student.

That is very unethical and that was a right decision to terminate her. You cannot expect a teacher to do that. It's surprising that people in your country didn't lose their job during the lockdown when most of the businesses were not doing well.

That is very unethical and that was a right decision to terminate her. You cannot expect a teacher to do that. It's surprising that people in your country didn't lose their job during the lockdown when most of the businesses were not doing well.
Many lose their jobs like in the private schools and colleges. Students shopped enrolling afraid of the virus so the school owners opted to close the schools. But during the new normal, the government under the presidency of Duterte, helped the private schools to operate back.

Many lose their jobs like in the private schools and colleges. Students shopped enrolling afraid of the virus so the school owners opted to close the schools. But during the new normal, the government under the presidency of Duterte, helped the private schools to operate back.

They were unfortunate. I had met many people here who didn't have money to feed their family. Few of my workers has the same problem. I donated money to them and arranged food nearby. It was tough time for those people.

Back