Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you been affected by high cost of living?

Eric

Enthusiast

Reaction score
Inflation have been affecting everything in a negative way. This have indirectly affected cost of living thereby making everything to be costly. A lot of people have been affected badly while some people might not have been affected.

How have you been affected by the high cost of living today?

High cost of living and low income level is one of the major problems I am facing these days. I cannot cost my expenses as I am only spending on necessities, yet I cannot even manage my basic necessities properly with the kind of income I have. Well, I am earning as much money as I used to earn in the past but due to inflation, money I earn is not enough

When I moved to a big city, I was shocked, but only because I didn't know the wages yet, because they were higher than in my town. And if you work a lot, you can afford more than other people

Almost everyone is suffering as a result of this high cost of living. What is our government waiting for to fix this problem because I see some people committing suicide.

Anyone who is not affected by the high cost of living that is ravaging the whole world must be doing so well with the kind of investment the person have put his or her money into or the person is working in a company that is paying him or her a huge amount of money to take care of his responsibilities.

High cost of living and low income level is one of the major problems I am facing these days. I cannot cost my expenses as I am only spending on necessities, yet I cannot even manage my basic necessities properly with the kind of income I have. Well, I am earning as much money as I used to earn in the past but due to inflation, money I earn is not enough
And it's just a problem of the whole world, I'm even afraid to think what will happen over time, because every year only gets worse and it seems to me that soon it will be so that we simply won't even be able to afford food and will have to borrow money

People who are earning small or moderate income are experience lifestyle inflation. The cost of living is increasing but we are not earning enough to maintain the high cost of living. This is why a lot of people go into debt, when they get a debt to pay bills, the situation will get ever worse.

A lot of people are finding it very difficult to feed currently because of the high rate of inflation on the prices of food items in the market. With the money they are being paid, it is going to be very difficult for them to afford things they used to which makes it very challenging at this time. If something is not done to correct this problem soon, a lot of people are going to suffer drastically.

The current economy right now has affected a lot of persons. Even the things the middle and lower class could afford, they are finding it hard to buy them due to the cost of things.

The current economy right now has affected a lot of persons. Even the things the middle and lower class could afford, they are finding it hard to buy them due to the cost of things.
Right? I also wonder how over the years we can't even put a decent amount together because the cost of living keeps going up and you have to spend more. And you need to use the saved funds in order to buy even food. It really pisses me off

No such class as the lower class, Emily. No one is better than anyone else. We are all equal.

Not really, my mortgage is not huge and my girlfriend and I both work. We are not into our credit cards and have a bit saved up. Our vehicles are far from new but are at least paid for. When all is said and done we are doing all right.

No such class as the lower class, Emily. No one is better than anyone else. We are all equal.
Class in terms of financial capacity. We are all equal as humans but there are does who can afford certain things and there are others who can't afford does things. It's a simple fact, even in economics.

I understand what you are getting at, El, but I still hate this notion of 'lower' as it implies inferiority. Just because you cannot afford certain things does not make you low.

Big time. I'm staying at my friends place, because it's hard to find a place with two dogs.

Big time. I'm staying at my friends place, because it's hard to find a place with two dogs.
I can sometimes understand the owners of the houses because I have often seen when dogs destroyed the house and then the tenant did not want to pay for the damage. And because of this, the owners also raise the cost of housing, which is also fair in my opinion

I can sometimes understand the owners of the houses because I have often seen when dogs destroyed the house and then the tenant did not want to pay for the damage. And because of this, the owners also raise the cost of housing, which is also fair in my opinion

So if a place comes unfurnished which most apartments do. What can a dog destroy your own stuff?

I know that most of the houses are unfurnished, but my brother has a cat and he lives in a rented apartment and there are walls and doors and the cat scratched everything possible, so he will definitely have to pay for it later, because it will not be a cheap repair, so the owners they don't want to take animals with them because then the tenant can run away without paying for the damage

The greatest way that high cost of living has affected me is that I don't have mad fun nowadays like I used to do before. No more Friday evening turn ups because one has to manage the basic funds at one's disposal to meet basics.

Yes I have been affected, it is something that we are even facing right now in my country. The annoying thing is that the source of income is not something to write home about, it barely covers feeding and other necessary expenses.

Featured Articles

Back