Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Have Barcelona found their new Messi?

Heatman

Enthusiast

Reaction score
The 17 years old Marc Guiu came in as a substitute in his Barcelona debut to score the winning goal for the club with his first touch of the ball. Barcelona have been looking for the player to replace Messi since he left the club for PSG. Have they found the player in Marc Guiu?

I don't think there will be another Messi ever again.

Anyone can score a goal sometimes.. but doing stuff he did every game.. the routine of greatness.

Scoring on your debut at 17 is an incredible achievement but there was nothing special about the goal to draw comparison to Messi. Like @Laifot said, Messi is an once-in-a-lifetime player. It’s going to take a lot more than one goal to be mentioned in the same sentence as him.

Barcelona have been looking for a mother Messi for years, it's very unfortunate they will never find him. Barcelona suited Messi gameplay very well. It's why he's struggling since leaving Barcelona.

After this cameo from Marc Guiu, I wonder if he has played another Barcelona match where he had any major impact winning the match for the club?

Let me ask, where was the new Messi when Real Madrid beat them to a pulp 4-1 last night for the Spanish Super Cup? Barcelona is a very weak team now.

Let me ask, where was the new Messi when Real Madrid beat them to a pulp 4-1 last night for the Spanish Super Cup? Barcelona is a very weak team now.

That is exactly the question I was about to ask. Lionel Messi was awesome and always created something out of nothing when they needed him to do so. This is different from what a couple of players are doing nowadays.

Barcelona managed to win the Spanish La Liga last season. I do not know what happened to Real Madrid in La Liga but I guess the club was more focused on winning the UEFA Champions League over La Liga last season. They didn't take playing La Liga serious as they keep losing and getting draw in most matches but this season, they are serious in all tournaments while Barcelona is struggling in all tournaments. Barcelona can't replace Messi with any player.

I am not familiar with Marc Guiu and I do not know what makes the OP compare this boy with Messi, however, I believe there was no one like Messi and it is less likely that some will replace Messi. Of course new talents are emerging and they are gaining a lot of fame but when it comes to compare with GOAT, there will be no one.

Yes, this player Marc Guiu can never even fill the role of Alexis Sanchez or Luis Suarez in Barcelona. These two players are below Messi in Barcelona but they are great players because they contributed so much to the success of the the club. Marc Guiu still have a very long way to go playing for Barcelona.

I don't think so, because since Messi left the team, a lot of players have been called the new Messi, but many of them don't even play for Barcelona now, so there's no need to draw such conclusions. You need to wait a season or two and then look at his results

Even Barcelona fans knows how impossible it is for the club to replace Messi. They have signed so many high profile players who kept struggling in the club which is why the fans have given up on the dream. If Messi even come back to Barcelona today, it won't be as it was when he left.

I'm not a fan of any club, but I don't think it's worth saying that Barcelona is so weak. Yes, now it is not the same Barcelona, but they have a lot of changes and many players are strong, but they cannot gather all the strength at the same time and give a good game

When the coach of a club decide to announce he is going to be leaving the club at the end of the season simply because he is not producing the required result with the current team of players that are available for him to use indicates that the club is practically weak in my opinion. This is exactly what is happening to Barcelona because their current coach Xavi have already announced his leaving the club by the end of the season.

Messi was a freak player that only appears once in a lifetime. Barcelona need to move on from the Messi era where they used to depend on individual brilliance of Messi to win matches. They should settle down now and build a team of 11 players.

The 17 years old Marc Guiu came in as a substitute in his Barcelona debut to score the winning goal for the club with his first touch of the ball. Barcelona have been looking for the player to replace Messi since he left the club for PSG. Have they found the player in Marc Guiu?

Barcelona has always had young lads compared to Messi who don't live to expectations

Barcelona haven't found a direct replacement for Lionel Messi's irreplaceable talent. Messi's unique combination of dribbling, playmaking, and goalscoring is incredibly rare. However, there are exciting young players at the club who show promise. Ansu Fati possesses exceptional dribbling skills, Pedri offers creativity and control in midfield, and 16-year-old Lamine Yamal is drawing comparisons to Messi himself. While they each have their strengths, it's likely Barcelona will focus on building a team around a collective effort rather than relying on a single superstar.
Just a point of correction, Ansu fatty is currently not playing for Barcelona. He is playing for a club in the premier League, and I'm not sure he'll be able to find his way back into Barcelona's main team.

If there is a player that Barcelona can fairly depend on, it is Yamal. The teenager has shown the maturity of veteran. He is getting Messi's numbers at same age. But still, he won't have the same impact as Messi.

Back