Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Movies Has Technology impacted how movies are produced?

Yes technology has impacted how movies are produced these days. We have so movies that uses CGI in creating lots of scenes that cannot be done in real life and make them look real.

Technology has had a great impact on movie production these days. For example, when filming from the sky, they usually make use of cameramen sitting on helicopters, but with the invention of drones, it has become easier and cheaper to film.

Technology has had a great impact on movie production these days. For example, when filming from the sky, they usually make use of cameramen sitting on helicopters, but with the invention of drones, it has become easier and cheaper to film.
That's very true, then again in most cases most times the crew have to travel to different places to make their shoots, but with the help of green screen, it has made things a lot easier.

Technology has influenced the films, but for me, in some films, this is even a minus, because the directors have stopped coming up with something creative and only hope for the graphics, and the large amount of unrealistic things in the film discourages me from watching this film

Look at the movies like Avatar, don't you see how tech has influenced movie industry. Today movies are mostly CGI.

Technology has influenced movie making in a big way.. We get more cinematic pleasures with better use of graphics and other technology. But it has come with it's own set of cons too. Many a times the technological uses can be too much overwhelming and nothing seems realistic. Many a times they take away the real storyline and performance.

Technology has influenced movie making in a big way.. We get more cinematic pleasures with better use of graphics and other technology. But it has come with it's own set of cons too. Many a times the technological uses can be too much overwhelming and nothing seems realistic. Many a times they take away the real storyline and performance.
You are right, I have come across some films where they have misused or over use CGI to make sequences that could have been done naturally, hence making it less real or relatable for most viewers.

When you consider that innovations like Deep Fakes are being used to produce movies with the voice of popular actors and actresses without them being casted in the movie. It shows how much technology has had impacts on the movie world.

You are right, I have come across some films where they have misused or over use CGI to make sequences that could have been done naturally, hence making it less real or relatable for most viewers.
When it's a science fiction or some movies involving action heroes and super heroes character, I am okay with the use of these technological advancements. They improve the experience of watching such movies. We go with a mindset that it's all fictional. But when the movies are not in that genre, such overuse can make it unrelatable.

I have seen the use of different technologies in movies and it's good because they can showcase a realistic version of the movies by making the main lead picturised as a kid or teen with AI

When it's a science fiction or some movies involving action heroes and super heroes character, I am okay with the use of these technological advancements. They improve the experience of watching such movies. We go with a mindset that it's all fictional. But when the movies are not in that genre, such overuse can make it unrelatable.
Yes that's true, even when it's a science or superhero movie, there are still limits. Like the first green lantern movie by Ryan Reynolds. Till date so many persons are still complaining due to the poor cgi, and the fact that the whole suit was made of CGI made it worse a well.

Back