Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Happy independence day India.

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
We are celebrating our 78th independence today. We got freedom from the British rule on 15th August 1947. Here are few facts and things we do on this occassion:

The Prime Minister delivers a speech after the Indian flag is raised at Delhi's Red Fort. Across the nation, processions and marches are held to highlight India's rich cultural diversity and sense of patriotism."Jana Gana Mana," the national anthem, is sung with pride and respect. People display their cultural pride by dressing traditionally, such as in kurtas, saris, and turbans. Songs expressing patriotism, such as "Vande Mataram"
and "Saare Jahan Se Accha," are sung to lift up the nation. Families gather to celebrate, frequently engaging in traditional foods and sweets. The Indian tri-color flag is used to decorate homes, roadways, and public areas. Honors are given to martyrs and freedom fighters who gave their lives to obtain India's independence.

How do you celebrate Independence day?
images (27).jpeg

Last edited:
78 years of independence is pretty impressive. Happy independence day to India, how are you spending your day so far though.

We woke up late because today is a national holiday. And bought breakfast from outside and went to watch a movie in a theater and will have a dinner outside.

We woke up late because today is a national holiday. And bought breakfast from outside and went to watch a movie in a theater and will have a dinner outside.
That's really nice. Was there any event in your area like a parade or something.

That's really nice. Was there any event in your area like a parade or something.

Redfort in Delhi is very near to my home. PM of india hoist flag there and give speech. I have never watched it live but have seen on the TV only.

Happy Independence day to India. I am a proud Indian and celebrations of such sorts refuel us with new vigour of patriotism and nationality. I had a wonderful day watching the celebration in our apartment followed by some cultural performances and a delicious brunch for all residents.

A day to remember our freedom fighters who fought for us and to help us be what we are now

Off course yes it a memorable day and congratulations to all Indians across the globe wish you to witnessed many more ahead

As far as l am concerned, l really have the knowledge about how the independence days are being celebrated in all over the world. In my country the celebrations for the independence days are done very colourful by the forn

In our country, the PM of India gives a speech and hoists the flag on Red Fort, which is televised on national television. People fly kites on this day. Patriotic songs are played everywhere. There is a national holiday on this day. Patriotic movies are telecasted on television.

As far as l am concerned, l really have the knowledge about how the independence days are being celebrated in all over the world. In my country the celebrations for the independence days are done very colourful by the forn
It's not only in your country. Other coo also celebrate their Independence day like this. Not only colourful but they show it's artillery and power and pictorial representation of its culture

I am happy to see the way we celebrate the day full of cultural programs, patriotic songs, nationalism, stories of our past and present national heroes who inspire generations. Such celebrations make us feel proud of our nation and the strong legacy that we have.

All over the country, Independence Day is celebrated like a festival. We have lots of cultural activities that are organized in schools, colleges, and societies. Every place is decorated with the national flag.

Every year, I make sure that we dress up in a tricolour resembling our flag. We dress up like that as a family and go down to attend the celebration in our apartment complex followed by a good brunch for the residents. When my daughters were young, we would do some art and craft around that starting a week before to decorate our house especially the outer spaces like terrace and balcony. I would even make tri colour dishes. Now, I do that with the younger children who are my students.

Back