Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Hamas launches attack against Israel

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
Earlier today, Hamas: A Palestinian militant group, launched a surprising attack on Israel. Consequently, Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, declared that Israel is 'at war' and Israel have since launched air strikes on Gaza.

You can follow live updates of the events here:

Here are some other articles describing today's events:

I have provided multiple sources as this conflict is often not reported fairly. What are your thoughts on today's events? Was Hamas' attack on Israel justified? What is your opinion on the Israel-Palestine conflict?

All I can say is I’m surprised at how poorly prepared the Israel intelligence were given the tendency of such attacks on Jewish or Muslim holy days.

I’ve seen suggestions that Israel may have allowed today’s attacks to take place to justify their inevitable retaliatory attack. I’m not sure what to think. It’s certainly interesting.

I’ve seen suggestions that Israel may have allowed today’s attacks to take place to justify their inevitable retaliatory attack. I’m not sure what to think. It’s certainly interesting.
Ah I missed that headline you posted.Thanks for that :)

Well, Britons are stuck in Israel and Britain have not managed to evacuate them as of yet.

…including Scotland’s First Minister Humza Yousef’s in-laws !

I watched Humza Yousef’s interview and it really makes me feel for all the innocent Palestinian civilians that will suffer and be killed in the coming days. Worst part of it all is that the dehumanisation of innocent Palestinians is not only being supported but also funded by the US and other NATO countries. After all, it’s Israel’s right to defend itself, am I right??? 🤪

Scream civilian killings as much as you can. I don't have any iota of pity for what is happening in Gaza now. An average Gaza citizen is a Hamas sympathizer. I saw a video of how the citizens celebrated the execution of a female Israeli soldier. I don't pity them.

Scream civilian killings as much as you can. I don't have any iota of pity for what is happening in Gaza now. An average Gaza citizen is a Hamas sympathizer. I saw a video of how the citizens celebrated the execution of a female Israeli soldier. I don't pity them.
I get where you are coming from 100%. But where I feel bad is seeing the pregnant women who can't even get anesthetic for childbirth. Then they have to go back to those dirty tents with no clean drinking water. They don't even have enough water to create milk to breast feed.

I get where you are coming from 100%. But where I feel bad is seeing the pregnant women who can't even get anesthetic for childbirth. Then they have to go back to those dirty tents with no clean drinking water. They don't even have enough water to create milk to breast feed.
Would they under normal circumstances not give an Hamas soldier food because what they are doing to Israel is not good? Certainly, she won't. So that's the consequence of her belief that Israel should be annihilated. People should learn to accept the consequences of their actions.

The fight is still gong strong and no one knows where this will end. If you are attacked, you need to depend yourself, and when you are trying to defend yourself, you are also likely to go on a killing spree. But we need to see all of these incidents in historical perspective. WE will have to see who is the oppressor and who is oppressed.

Hamas should have known what lay in stock for them for attacking Israel. I don't think there is any respite for them as it stands because it seems Israel took that attack as one attack that has gone too far. I doubt the US can peace talk Israel.

War is bad. This is going to trigger a lot of similar stuff worldwide. I have no preference here. Both sides have done bad things. Innocent people suffered because of that.

Israel has bombed the Iranian consulate and the Iranian government is threatening fire and brimstone. We are still waiting to see if Iran would hit Israel. It would be interesting how this goes from here but it is not looking good in the days that lie ahead.

Iran will not be foolish enough to go after Israel. Instead thy will attack using their proxys such as Hezbollah.

A lot of people are dying at both ends. There is seems no solutions in near future.

Between the two parties, none of them are willing to give in cause they feel this would show sign of weakness. the painful thing is the amount of lives that are being lost.

War is pain to all. But it happens from time to time and there are justifications from each side.

At least one soldier dies from each end. Which means, one family lost their son. That is irreplaceable.

Back