Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Greatest athlete of all time

Mike

Off The Mark

Reaction score
We’ve been blessed with some incredible athletes across all sports, whether it be Muhammad Ali, Cristiano Ronaldo or Michael Jordan, but from a purely athletic perspective, who is the greatest athlete of all time and why?

For me, it’s Cristiano Ronaldo. I’m a little biased towards him as I grew up watching him and he is my favourite footballer of all time but I don’t think it’s a crazy shout. He’s an insane athlete and his longevity, which is all thanks to his sheer hard work and dedication, is incredible. GOAT footballer. GOAT athlete.

Estoy Aqui Real Madrid GIF

It's Cristiano Ronaldo in football. In boxing, it's Tyson Fury, although it looked like Francis Ngannou proved he was better than him. In wrestling, it's Roman Reigns.

It's Cristiano Ronaldo in football. In boxing, it's Tyson Fury, although it looked like Francis Ngannou proved he was better than him. In wrestling, it's Roman Reigns.

Tyson Fury wasn't better than Mike Tyson. The Iron Mike is the best boxer who gave the whole boxing federation hell when he was fighting. Floyd Mayweather is also a great boxer.

We’ve been blessed with some incredible athletes across all sports, whether it be Muhammad Ali, Cristiano Ronaldo or Michael Jordan, but from a purely athletic perspective, who is the greatest athlete of all time and why?

In NBA, it's going to be between Michael Jordan and Lebron James to rule the basketball division. In boxing, I would go for Iron Mike Tyson. Cristiano Ronaldo have been the stand out player in football for decades now.

I do not need to think twice about choosing who is the best or the greatest athlete of all time in the world of sports for to me, it's the one and only Cristiano Ronaldo. This guy is still winning highest goal scorer in a year calendar at the age of 38-39 years old. Who else does that but only Cristiano Ronaldo. My hat will always go off for him until he retires from playing football.

I like watching football, even though I did not watch Maradona live, based on what I have read about him and how much I have watched him play (recorded matches), I believe Maradona was a great athlete. After Maradona, my votes goes to Messi. Well Ronaldo is also good but he is not as great as Messi.

Why Cristiano Ronaldo will always be a better player for me 100 times better than Messi is that he was able to prove himself in playing for Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United, Juve, Manchester United for a second spell and finally now in Saudi Arabia. What have Messi been able to do since he left Barcelona?

I am also a fan of Ronaldo, but I would not like to say right now that he is the greatest of all time, because he will not even finish his career, and for me, only those who are very old or even dead can be the greatest. For example, Ali is 100 percent the greatest. Pele and Maradona

What makes someone great in opinion is the record the person have been able to create for himself. If the record which have been created by someone who is still alive is above what someone who is already dead, I won't choose who's dead to be more than who's alive that have a better record.

I agree, but if we take Ronaldo's records, then until the end of his career or even his death, someone can beat them, and then how can he be considered the best or not? For his contribution to the sport, yes, but if the goals scored will be equalized and someone surpasses him, then he will no longer be the greatest.

This is what football or even any sports record is all about. What every history and record that you have created is subject to be broken by other players in the same sports or different one's as well. As long as Cristiano Ronaldo is alive, he will keep adding more numbers to his record until he has passed on.

In my opinion, it is difficult to determine this because there are different types of sports and also different times in which they were played. In football, it is Pele, but he played when football was completely different. In boxing, I will also agree that it is Ali, but also the time was completely different. Maybe it's even Usain Bolt because he is known all over the world

I do not need to think twice about choosing who is the best or the greatest athlete of all time in the world of sports for to me, it's the one and only Cristiano Ronaldo. This guy is still winning highest goal scorer in a year calendar at the age of 38-39 years old. Who else does that but only Cristiano Ronaldo. My hat will always go off for him until he retires from playing football.
True, I am not a football fan, but I have huge respect for this player, despite the hates, he still does his best, he faces every obstacle head on. And for his age, that's pretty impressive as well.

The debate over the greatest athlete of all time is a subjective and heated one, but many would argue it's Michael Jordan. His unparalleled skill, fierce competitiveness, and clutch performances propelled him to 6 NBA championships and 5 MVP awards. Jordan revolutionized basketball with his aerial artistry and flair.

For me, it is the Brazilian Pele. The man scored over 1000 career goals! And his world cup exploits for Brazil leaves much to be desired.

From a purely athletic point of view, the greatest athlete of all time is Cristiano Ronaldo. Man has been at the very top level from 17 years of age and he is 39 now. That is over two decades of top level in sports. That is the greatest athleticism.

I think on basketball was mikel Jordan was the greatest athlete with great history's because during his time he won all major trophy's including Many achievement

I cannot say who is the greatest because every person is a legend and have done in incredibly well for their respective countries

Back