Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Global Life Expectancy Dropped By 2 Years Due To Covid: WHO

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
As Covid-19 raged from 2019 to 2021, it washed out a decade of progress and decreased life expectancy worldwide by about two years, the World Health Organization reported on Friday. "The Covid-19 pandemic reversed the trend of steady gain in life expectancy at birth and healthy life expectancy at birth," the World Health Organization stated. An annual study of world health statistics by the World Health Organization revealed that the average life expectancy declined by 1.8 years to 71.4 years, nearly the same as in 2012.

I guess the covid did a lot more damage that we actually thought. And I heard it's not over, even does who have taken the vaccine might not be safe from it as well. Anyways it's well though.

Hmm...was vaccination a good choice or not , it is still not clear?

To be honest am still not clear about that either, I remember back then there where so many rumors and conspiracy theories about does who have taken the vaccine and if right now these set of people are not safe as well, I really don't know what to make of it.

I read in the in the news that the people who took "AstraZeneca" are at risk. They may suffer from blockages in the heart and may develop heart diseases. I'm not sure if that's true or not. I wish it's a rumour.

It better be a rumor cause there are thousands of people who have taken the vaccine. They way I see it, they have not fully perfected the vaccine before they started allowing people take it.

Maybe, they didn't test it. Everything was done so quickly at that time to safe lives of people.

To be honest, this should be the last of everyone's worries right now. COVID has practically destabilized global economy, so what we should be thinking of is how to get back on our feet.

Life has changed after the COVID. I don't want that it may affect our life further. Even there is no virus but still we are getting affected.😩

To be honest, I don't think there is much difference between dying at the age of 100 and dying at the age of 98. This is not a big deal to me and certainly to most people.

Back