Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Freedom of speech

Mad Hatter

Veteran

Reaction score
Recently I decided to leave a forum that I was a member on. I received a PM from the admin informing me that my homophobic and transphobic comments were making some members uncomfortable. I guess when I look back at it they were all of that. But do I not have the right to have made them?

It appears that I do not so it all has to be buried. What ever happened to freedom of speech? It's total B.S. in my view that the gay/trans agenda is free to practice freedom of speech and expression but if anyone objects to any of it they are automatically muzzled. I think it is all unnatural and that is about as far as I'll be allowed to express my opinion on that, because it is not allowed....B.S.

P.S. Just to clarify, I'm good with gays and lesbians doing their thing. Where I draw the line is when men decide to transition. To my mind they are merely pretending to be women, and I do not feel that I should be somehow mandated to pretend along with them. And don't even get me started on the public washroom issue or biological males competing in women's sports.

Last edited:
In my opinion, there is such a society now that simply does not allow those who do not want to do like everyone else to express themselves. I know that now it is very popular to be non-standard and so on, so everyone who is against it is uncomfortable and they are defended because they are obviously a minority. I had such a case in reality after which I simply stopped avoiding what I didn't like

In as much as you have the freedom to speech, when it comes to writing in a forum, there are usually certain rules and regulations you need to work with. We also need to consider the feelings of others around us as well.

Unless and until the comments are within the guidelines I won't mind it as every has the right to speak. Sometimes the topic is so intense that what we write, hurts someone even though it's within the guidelines.

Freedom of speech is just an excuse that people use to say whatever they like without bothering about the repercussions. Common sense should make someone know that there are boundaries that should be respected, freedom notwithstanding.

Back