Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Ever taken a lie detector test?

Spencer

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I've seen people take a lie detector test in detective and crime movies. It have always been a fascinating experience I would love to have but I can't think of anything that would make me be involved in an investigation that would need me to take a lie detector test.

Have you ever taken such lie detector test? What's the experience like?

No, I haven't taken a lie detector test. I wouldn't want to take any lie detector test. This means that I have committed a crime that will need me to take such test.

No, I haven't taken a lie detector test. I wouldn't want to take any lie detector test. This means that I have committed a crime that will need me to take such test.
But what if you haven't committed a crime? You wouldn't take one to absolve yourself?

I have not taken any lie detector test. Where would I need to go for taking such a test? I doubt it's going to the police station because I would not know what to tell them as my reason for wanting to take a lie detector test. What am I supposed to do with the test results?

However, I tried it not on the real one, but on a cheap copy from China that cost a couple of dollars and I really wanted to check how it works. In fact, it was interesting, but it made no sense, because he only gave the correct answer about 70 percent of the time. It's more for kids to have fun

For a lie detector machine to give results of 70 percent accuracy, I would not trust the information it gives. Anything that is less than 95 percent of accuracy, I cannot work with such a lie detector test machine. Since it was a cheap copy from a Chinese company, it's why the performance was low.

I have never been involved with any kinds of crime, therefore, I have never been in a situation where I had to take lie detector test. In our country, only the police has lie detector machines and only the people held for criminal investigations have to undergo lie detectors. Even if it was available for fun, I would never take a lie detector tests.

With me, I don't understand why I would need to take a lie detector test. I understand why it's something much needed by the crime combating agencies because it will help them to solve cases. With this in mind, I don't see how much I need the lie detector test for anything.

When I see it in movies, it is usually fun but I have never had the opportunity to take one before.

I've never actually taken a lie detector test myself, but I can imagine it would be a nerve-wracking experience. Having sensors monitoring your vitals as you're grilled about sensitive topics. the pressure would be intense, even if you were telling the total truth. I'm sure the anticipation of being hooked up to the machine alone would get your heart racing a bit.

There was one time when someone stole a work TV at our work, and then the superiors stopped trusting everyone, even me as one of the best co-workers. I was worried then, but it wasn't me, but the detector showed the truth and then I felt better

Back