Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Ever given a performance in front of a sizable audience?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
We had a lot of performances when I was still in school, so that's the only time I had this. Almost half of my town's population, or 800 individuals, attended my biggest performance. It was unsettling, but they said I did well.

I am a drummer so Majority of the time I usually play drums in front of different people. Though the highest for me so far was during my service year where we acted a drama in front of over 1000 plus persons. We came out 2nd in the end though.

Yes I have, a few times. And I believe that I did well, based on what the audience said thereafter. I have developed the skill of public speaking, I give great speech, regardless of the size of the audience.

In highschool I used to wrestle in front of hundreds of fellow students. I liked that because the girls used to give me admiring stares and smiles, especially when I won a match.

I have done this over and over again. As a pianist, I have played in a concert that has more than 2000 people in attendance. I also host events professional. I have been an MC for school parties, beauty pageants, birthdays and even a wedding reception. I have overcome stage fright a long time ago.

My heart pounded as I stepped onto the stage, blinding lights illuminating the hundreds of faces staring expectantly at me. This was the moment I had prepared for, but no amount of rehearsing could quell the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I pushed past the nerves and launched into my performance. Though initially shaky, I soon found my groove, feeding off the energy of the rapt audience. By the end, their thunderous applause left me exhilarated.

In highschool I used to wrestle in front of hundreds of fellow students. I liked that because the girls used to give me admiring stares and smiles, especially when I won a match.
Lol I can imagine, where these wrestling a school competition?

Yes they were and believe you me the girls were all purring like kittens after a match ha*ha!
Lol that's pretty awesome, am sure almost all the guys would want to be part of the wrestling team just so they can get noticed by the girls.

Lol that's pretty awesome, am sure almost all the guys would want to be part of the wrestling team just so they can get noticed by the girls.
Funny thing is the school bullies never messed with the guys from the wrestling team.....never.:cool:

The largest audience I ever give perfomance to was 50 people. I gave a report at work and all the office staff had to listen to it. I was not nervous because I knew all these people and I felt comfortable speaking in front of them

Back