Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

News Dozens missing as landslide sweeps buses into river in Nepal

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
Following a significant landslide that carried two buses into a river in Nepal, rescuers are looking for around 60 missing persons.

One of them claimed to have been "thrown out of the window of the bus into the river" during their horrifying encounter.

The disaster happened in the early hours of Friday, and only three persons seemed to have survived.

Hmm this is serious. If people are still missing till now, then there is every possibility that some might be dead. And since it happened that early, it took everyone in that area by surprise.

I also think that many of the people may be dead now. This is the second time a landslide has taken the lives of people in a few days in Nepal. It's very serious. People should be careful and should avoid traveling if they can in the rainy season.

8 feel sorry for the missing ones and during this weather these type of incidents do increase so much

Yes, in hilly areas, landslides are very common, so we should travel carefully and avoid traveling if we can. I don't plan to visit mountains in the monsoon due to this reason. In the past, I never used to care about it, but after the disaster at Kedarnath, I never thought of going to the mountains in the rain.

Back