Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Does dreaming in black and white or colour indicate serotonin levels?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Research suggests that dreaming in black and white or color may be related to serotonin levels. Studies have found that people with lower serotonin levels tend to dream more often in black and white, while those with higher serotonin levels dream more in color. This is because serotonin regulates the brain's visual cortex, which processes colors. However, it's essential to note that this is just one aspect of dream analysis, and other factors like personal experiences and emotions also influence dream content.

Oh oh, I didn't know that can be explained like that!

I don't know about that though, I have never had any dream in black and white before, nor met anyone who have had dreams in black and white.

My dreams are always in color and are very realistic.

It's an interesting fact. I never knew it. Though I don't remember if I see colored dreams or black and white, It doesn't matter, though, for me. The problem is that I don't remember when I wake up in the morning.

Back