Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you wish we could travel to other planets not in our solar system?

Ray

Active Contributor

Reaction score
There have been so much talk about travelling to other planets. Scientists have been working on finding other planets which can be inhabited by human beings. Travelling to Mars have been under discussion for a while.

If it's possible for human beings to live in other planets in our solar system, would you be willing to travel to such planets?

It would be cool, sure

I always wanted to find aliens in my lifetime. Not personally, but I mean before I die alien life had been discovered. That would be cool

I'd be willing to check it out as it sounds cool to go to another planet.
I'd only live on another planet when I know it was fully safe though.

Living on another planet sounds cool and I wonder what we would find if we could visit another planet safely.

There is always talk of aliens and such but nothing has ever been proven, it does make me wonder if there are any other living beings on other planets.

No, I wouldn't be interested in leaving earth to go and explore the possibility of living and experiencing life in other planets across the galaxy. Even if any of them are deemed habitable for man to live there, I still wouldn't be interested in it. I'm comfortable in planet earth.

How about Mars if it later becomes inhabitable? I might be interested in going there for sight seeing and exploration. I would like to visit the moon too.

Yes, I would be willing to travel to other planets. It would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore new frontiers, expand our knowledge of the universe, and potentially contribute to the advancement of human civilization.

There are so many other parts of our world in earth which I have not been privileged to visit. I would choose what is more realistic in this situation when thinking about travelling to other planets in our ecosystem and it will be exploring more of earth than any other planets.

It's very cool and I wanted it, but it definitely won't happen during my stay, because now science is moving forward very hard, because I remember that in 2023, the first flights from the deep exploration of Mars were already promised, but this did not happen. And in my opinion, living on Mars will not make sense because it is very inconvenient and expensive for sure

It would appear that Elon Musk is putting so much of his resources in making sure that travelling to Mars in the future becomes what can be possible. I know Elon Musk from the things he already invested his time and money in, I'm sure he will succeed with his Mars project soon.

I think by 2030, inter planetery travel will be possible and I believe Elon Musk will be able to send people to mars in the near future. However, I have no desire to visit another planet even when I get a chance. I do not want to go to the planets where there are no human beings. I am fine living on the earth.

Anything that the scientists are doing with regards to traveling to other planets is simply their business because there is no way they are going to promote and advertise it for me to be interested in doing that. Even if I am not required to pay even $1 to go on such trip, I will never put myself in a station whereby I know there is a risk of something going wrong.

I really don't mind traveling to other planets, I believe it would be so awesome to see these new places, than again if we are able to do this, it would also mean our technology has gone to new heights as well.

I hope that day will not come. If I need to, I will pay a premium and stay on Earth.

There is no place like our Earth and it should be our home forever.

Do I? Capital NO. I believe that earth is the only planet designed to support life, so what exactly will I be looking for in the others? I can gaze at the through telescopes or watching clips about them. I'll rather stay in my beloved planet, thank you very much.

Absolutely, the prospect of interstellar travel and exploring planets beyond our solar system is incredibly exciting to me. I'm hopeful that continued scientific advancements will one day make it a reality. Even if I may not live to see it myself, the thought of future generations having the opportunity to visit and study exoplanets fills me with wonder. It's a dream worth pursuing.

Most people do not understand the vast distances involved. It will never be possible to travel to other planets.

I hope that day will not come. If I need to, I will pay a premium and stay on Earth.

There is no place like our Earth and it should be our home forever.
True, no matter the kind of planet we find out there, our planet earth still remains our home and the best place for us to inhabit.

I would be interested in it if I were guaranteed safety. I would like to visit another planet that is suitable for life, but I would not like to be on a planet where you need to use a spacesuit to breathe, because then what is the point of being on such a planet

Back