Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you wear watches?

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
There are persons who love wearing wrist watches and can't go out without it. Then there are some set of people who find wearing a watch irritating. For me though, I love wearing watches but not always. What type are you?

I do not like such watches because it is inconvenient. My smartphone is always with me, so I don't need a watch. Many may wear it for style, but even so, I choose comfort over style

I love wearing wrist watch because for me wearing wrist watch its just a fashion because almost every time I am together with my smartphone and I love seeing people wearing it

First of all, who considers wristwatches irritating? That's serious. Well I love wristwatches, it is so much easier to check time on the wrist than the phone.

I used to wear them until mobile phones were introduced. After the inception of cell phones, I stopped wearing them as they looked like a burden to me. But these days, my kids like wearing watches, and they have a good collection of watches.

Most people today don't really wear watches to tell the time, they mostly wear it just for fashion, or part of a dress code.

I have many watches, all imported and I have to wear them alternately. They are gifts from my best friend in the USA who married a rich American. I feel uncomfortable if I cannot wear a watch. I started wearing a watch during high school. My favorite watch is Fossil.

I have many watches, all imported and I have to wear them alternately. They are gifts from my best friend in the USA who married a rich American. I feel uncomfortable if I cannot wear a watch. I started wearing a watch during high school. My favorite watch is Fossil.
That's pretty impressive, I don't have a watch right now, but am thinking about buying a smart watch and some other ones.

For me l can say that there are so many things that seem to be absolete but they are still very useful to me. For instance the wearing of the wrist watch Keeps me ahead of time always and the listening of the radio.

For me l can say that there are so many things that seem to be absolete but they are still very useful to me. For instance the wearing of the wrist watch Keeps me ahead of time always and the listening of the radio.
True, there are still people who even when they have a smartphone, they still use their watch to tell the time.

I love wearing wrist watch, I can't go out without wearing one. My sister don't like going out with wrist watch though I understand she's not the type that loves it.

I love wearing wrist watch, I can't go out without wearing one. My sister don't like going out with wrist watch though I understand she's not the type that loves it.
There are times where I start feeling irritated after wearing it for long, does this also happen to you? Or are you completely used to it.

There are times where I start feeling irritated after wearing it for long, does this also happen to you? Or are you completely used to it.

I felt irritating as I used to feel like some weight on my wrist so left wearing watch. I used to like wearing watches till I was in college but when I got my first phone l left wearing them.

I felt irritating as I used to feel like some weight on my wrist so left wearing watch. I used to like wearing watches till I was in college but when I got my first phone l left wearing them.
Okay then I guess it's safe to say it's completely normal to feel irritated after wearing a watch for a long period of time. Though I have seen people who can literally wear their watch for the whole day.

Okay then I guess it's safe to say it's completely normal to feel irritated after wearing a watch for a long period of time. Though I have seen people who can literally wear their watch for the whole day.
They are habitual of the watches and feel awkward if they don't wear a watch. There are lots of colleagues in my office who wear the watch all the time.

Back