Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you use the front camera when you video chat?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I often communicate with my relatives through calls in instant messengers, but I never use the camera because I don't see the point of using the camera so that they can see my face. They already know how I see. Are you using or have the same opinion as me?

I hate video chats! Phone calls are enough for me.
Ever since Covid, my employer has allowed us to work from home twice a week so we now have most of our meetings through Teams or Zoom and unfortunately it is mandatory to have our cameras on, and I hate it!!!

I hate video chats! Phone calls are enough for me.
Ever since Covid, my employer has allowed us to work from home twice a week so we now have most of our meetings through Teams or Zoom and unfortunately it is mandatory to have our cameras on, and I hate it!!!
When there was Covid, I was still studying at the university, so we also had distance learning, but sometimes we were allowed not to turn on the cameras if it was a lecture and no one had to prepare a report for that lesson. However, when we had a test task, we also all had to turn on the cameras

what is the point of video chatting when you do not show your face? I do not do video chatting too often, however, when I video chat my front camera is always turned on. I usually video chat with friends and family. I like to see my family when speaking with them. I normally use messenger for video chats

Though I rarely make video calls, but when I do I usually use the front camera of my smartphone. It is a lot more comfortable to use compared to the back camera.

Of course I make use of the front cameras which other camera would I use? It will be hard to make use of back camera because if you do you will not be able to see the face of the person you're chatting with, so front camera is the best option.

I typically do use the front-facing camera when video chatting, as I find it provides a more natural and engaging interaction. The front camera allows me to maintain better eye contact and facial engagement with the person I'm speaking with, rather than having my gaze aimed slightly off to the side. This helps create a more personal, face-to-face dynamic. Of course, there are times when I may switch to the rear camera, such as if I need to share something in my surroundings.

video calls are very inconvenient for me. I feel like I can't think straight when other callers are looking at me. I only turn on the camera when my mother calls me so that she knows I'm okay

Normally, it is only the front camera that I use for video calls. There is no way that the primary camera can be used for video calls. That would mean only the other party would be seeing you.

I rarely make video calls but I prefer to used front camera

Yes, often I use video calls to communicate with people, as it gives me the feeling that I am talking to them face-to-face. I prefer to do that with the people who are close to me and not with all.

Back