Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you use facial recognition to protect data?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
Modern smartphones now very often have facial recognition or fingerprint functions. I did not use these functions very much and only used the password, but when I had a threat of data breach due to the fact that my smartphone was stolen, then I had to change the password manually, and if there were such protections, I would be calm

I use biometrics on my phone and laptop to stop unauthorized access to my laptop and phone. I have sensitive data on my laptop and phone so I need to protect my data. If I lose my laptop and phone, I will be losing a lot of things. If anyone gets access to my laptop and phone, he will also get access to my bank accounts.

I use biometrics on my phone and laptop to stop unauthorized access to my laptop and phone. I have sensitive data on my laptop and phone so I need to protect my data. If I lose my laptop and phone, I will be losing a lot of things. If anyone gets access to my laptop and phone, he will also get access to my bank accounts.
For me too, losing a smartphone or laptop would be a very serious loss even more than losing documents and I try to use 100 percent protection as much as possible. However, in all this time, no one has tried to hack my accounts, and sometimes this is very relaxing in terms of protection, because you think, who needs my data

I am not making any use of facial recognition to protect my smartphone but biometrics have been very impressive to protect my smartphone from being used by any other person without my permission. I also have pin security activated as well in case I don't want to use my biometrics to unlock my phone.

I have never used facial recognition before, even though I have this feature. I mostly make use of my password and fingerprint. I find this a lot easier to use and prefer using it.

I have never used facial recognition before, even though I have this feature. I mostly make use of my password and fingerprint. I find this a lot easier to use and prefer using it.
When I had a 7 phone, there was a part for recognizing fingerprints and it was really very fast, but now I have an old iPhone and the speed of unlocking by facial recognition is much higher

While facial recognition can provide an additional layer of security, I have concerns about the privacy implications and potential for bias in these systems. Facial data is highly personal and needs to be carefully safeguarded. If used, facial recognition should be coupled with other authentication methods and robust data protection protocols.

My phone has facial recognition but I prefer going with the fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone. I don't fancy placing my phone to my eyes everytime I want to unlock it. 🙄

I don't love complexity in my life and would prefer to use the fingerprint to easily scan and unlock my phone. Nowadays, I even find using a password quite easier to unlock my phone.

Modern smartphones now very often have facial recognition or fingerprint functions. I did not use these functions very much and only used the password, but when I had a threat of data breach due to the fact that my smartphone was stolen, then I had to change the password manually, and if there were such protections, I would be calm
The smartphone that l am using is fingered print and l can use the facial recognition but l have never liked any of those.

The smartphone that l am using is fingered print and l can use the facial recognition but l have never liked any of those

Last edited:
I have never tried this on my smartphone. I have tried pattern lock and pin lock only

I use my finger print as a lock for my smartphone. Sometimes it becomes difficult to type the password everytime. Finger print is the easy way to unlock your phone. Most of the people I have seen here use finger print only.

I use Face ID, but my smartphone is too old and the technology is old, so if someone wanted to unlock my smartphone, I think they could do it even with my photo

Yes you are right but I prefer to used fingerprint and password to protect my data rather than facial recognition because at times its easily to breach with another face

If it is possible for one to use face recognition to protect data, they should. You can even activate it on your mobile to ensure that one doesn't mess with your finances if your phone gets into the wrong hands. It is a very good security feature.

I am not interested in it but it's possible to activate it with our smartphone. I prefer the pin lock to unlock my smartphone and other gadgets

Back