Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you think cultures should be open to outside influences?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
By external influence, I mean the influence of those people who do not belong to that culture and are not their heritage. Because many people will want to change it to suit their style and possibly their rare culture, and this is very dangerous in the long run, because time can conduct very terrible experiments and such a culture can simply change 100 percent in many years.

Culture and traditions are not rigid things, it is constantly evolving. Judaism, Christianity and Islam has the same source but look at these religions how different they are. A lot of traditions that Christians follow these days are not even Christian tradition. I like assimilation of cultures because that's how we form an egalitarian society.

No I don't think culture should be open to outsiders because they will try to twist it and refine it to their own taste, and this will make the culture to lose its value and uniqueness. So it is better to leave it as it was met, to prevent the culture from going extinct.

I think Cultures should generally be open to outside influences, as this can lead to beneficial cross-pollination of ideas, customs, and ways of living.

Culture is the total way of life of a given community or group of persons. If it becomes open to outside influence then it is no longer their culture. So I think culture should not be open to outside influence. It is their beliefs and practices that makes them different from others.

Cultures are open to outside influences and are weakened by them. This should be avoided as tradition and history are important in maintaining a culture.

Some cultures are badly threatened. Especially by influence from developed countries. The cultural invasion is strong in small countries. Their values and ethos get little respect.

I wouldn't want it because culture is what reflects a person. Each country and nationality has its own culture, and if someone interferes, it may reflect badly over time. I would like my culture to be developed only by our nationality

Culture should be dynamic and not static. There should be other influences infused into culture which can cause it to keep on evolving with time. It shouldn't be a complete overhaul but a gradual evolution of culture.

No I don't think it should be open for others influences because anyone have it's own and some traditional heritage need to be secret for ever with in your clan

No they shouldn't be allowed to influence any change but if they are suggesting a thing or 2 then we should listen to them because could be their suggestion is beneficial for us

Back