Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you tell about your salary to others?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I have seen people usually don't tell their salary to others. What could be the reason? I don't hide it from others, as I don't find any reason to hide it. Do you hide it? One reason I find people do this is that they are scared that people may not ask them to lend some money. What other reasons do you have for it?

I don't like to share but if the other person is comfortable and have already shared it's salary details then I don't mind

I don't like to share but if the other person is comfortable and have already shared it's salary details then I don't mind

What is the reason why don't you want to share it? I don't find any reason for hiding my salary details with others.

No reason but I don't like to share it and I think it's a private thing and should not be shared publicly

I also think it's not the thing to share it with every one but can be shared with the people who are close to us.

If there is a reason that I might need to disclose my earnings to someone, I don't hesitate to. These are things that don't really mean a big deal to me. I would tell you my pay and tell you not to expect to be begging me for money.

I have seen people usually don't tell their salary to others. What could be the reason? I don't hide it from others, as I don't find any reason to hide it. Do you hide it? One reason I find people do this is that they are scared that people may not ask them to lend some money. What other reasons do you have for it?
Actually same here I don't have reason to hide my salary details to others because I am not scared to lend anyone money but I will only lend you what I can afford even if you don't return it I won't bother my self

I don't like to hide it but I don't like to tell anyone as you know people try to take advantage and will start asking for money

I have always been the type of person who likes keeping most aspects about my life private. I won't give out information to others unless I believe it would be useful to them or would benefit them in one way or the other.

I guess its better to stay private and not let everyone know about everything that's happening in your life

For security reasons it's best not to even tell others what you earn. There are cases where you could end up attracting unwanted attention to yourself. Or by the time you tell someone you don't have, they won't believe.

I don't like to hide it but I don't like to tell anyone as you know people try to take advantage and will start asking for money

That's the major reason why people hide their salaries from others. They fear that if they have a good salary, people will start asking you to lend money. I sometimes hide my salary from such greedy people. It is difficult to deny some people who are close to us.

I think that it's a very personal choice. I don't ask anyone about their salary and I expect the same from others. For official purposes, we have declared our salary. But I avoid discussing it in friends and family.

For me l really don't have that tendency to tell that details to everyone. Only the closest relative's of mine l can tell them for that matter. Otherwise l can not tell that to every person for that matter.

I don’t see a point of discussing your salary with anyone besides your loved ones. It’s something that can remain private. Not everyone needs to know what you make.

I also think it's not the thing to share it with every one but can be shared with the people who are close to us.
These things should be kept as a secret because if you are earning less or more the other person gets another way to gossip about it

These things should be kept as a secret because if you are earning less or more the other person gets another way to gossip about it

Exactly, and we may get upset when we come to know about people gossiping about our salary. I have always tried to hide it because of this reason.

Because people just want a topic to gossip. If you are earning more they'll gossip that you are a miser and does not like to spend and if you earn less then have other things to say

I have a good salary, but I know people will gossip because, even after having a good salary, I am not able to buy a property of my own. And I don't want people to talk about it. Even I wonder why I didn't buy a property on loan at my young age.

They just want to gossip and have no convey for you and don't think good for anyone and just like to gossip

Back