Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you take meds even for small issues and ailments?

Ginger

Veteran

Reaction score
I know some do prefer to take a med even for small issues and I don't think it's a good idea to take meds for everything and we should give our body time to heal that issue on its own like I normally don't prefer to take any meds for headaches or body pain.

Do you take meds even for small issues and ailments?

One thing I try to avoid is taking meds. I don't take meds cause when you look at it, these meds are also made with chemicals and so on, are they really safe taking it on a regular basis?

I don't like meds. I am always running away from taking them unless the sickness or ailment have become too bad for me to handle. I prefer to rest when I'm sick because I get well so easily after resting.

I really don't like pills. I use them when I have no other options because first of all I try different natural methods to control the pain. I buy herbal tea and use different compresses

No I don't take medicines for small issues. I hate it and don't understand why people do so, why can't they be able to tolerate small pain. My wife does that. Even for cold she doesn't wait for a day and starts taking medicines, I don't think it's a right thing to do.

It is only when my health conditions really seem serious that I get to take drugs. I don't want my body to be accustomed to drugs. When I become dependent on drugs, it won't be good for me in the future.

The qualified doctors usually warn against doing this every time. There's no need to take drugs and medications for every small illness. This, according to the doctors, will make the immune system used to those drugs and medications. So if there are days that the drugs are not used, the immune system tends to be weaker.

Off course I don't take meds for small issues or ailments, I only take it when my health conditions seems serious but I have seen many people who doesn't care about that

I only take for body pain because that's hard to control otherwise I don't take any medicine

I only take for body pain because that's hard to control otherwise I don't take any medicine

We should not take pain killers too for the body pain. One gets addicted to it.

We should not take pain killers too for the body pain. One gets addicted to it.
Of course I know that and I don't take these regularly and only when it's tough to control

Back