Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you see Messi returning to Barcelona?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Lionel Messi became all he is today as a result of the opportunity that the Spanish club, Barcelona, gave him. Do you think that there is going to be a possibility that Messi will return to Barcelona, or will he end his career at Inter Miami or go back to a club in Argentina? What are you expecting him to do in a couple of years to come?

Why would Lionel Messi want to come back to Barcelona to start playing again? Barcelona have faded since Lionel Messi left the club to PSG. This move also affected Messi too because he couldn't find his form playing for PSG in France. Xavi can't even save Barcelona now because he's leaving. Messi won't go back.

Why would Lionel Messi want to come back to Barcelona to start playing again? Barcelona have faded since Lionel Messi left the club to PSG. This move also affected Messi too because he couldn't find his form playing for PSG in France. Xavi can't even save Barcelona now because he's leaving. Messi won't go back.
It could be the request of fans or supporters to be back but I do not think Lionel Messi's decision. Sometimes, people are more fluent seeing it for years playing there then they aim he is back one day but it doesn't reflect player objectives in life, unfortunately.

From what I have heard from Messi's camp, he does not want to come back to Barcelona. He's smart for not wanting to go back to the club. He never wanted to leave before, it was Barcelona that chased him away from the club. Fans may want him back but Messi have moved on from Barcelona.

In think Barcelona is Messi's home and I believe there is no good place like home. IN fact, I have read somewhere that Messi is always open to going back to Barcelona. However, there is a difference between what he wants and what he does. he did not go to American football team just to play football.

The main issue with Messi never going to go back to Barcelona is on how he was made to leave the club. According to Messi, he said that, “I wanted to come back, but at the same time with the way I left the club, I did not want to find myself in the same situation, which was waiting for whatever can happen and leave my future to someone else’s hands. Barcelona left him out in the dry, he won't consider them again.

In my opinion, this is no longer possible because he has a chance to return after PSG, but when he chose America, I think he made it clear to everyone that he will stay there until the end of his career. Just like Ronaldo is unlikely to return to Real Madrid or Sporting

If it was up to Messi, he will never make the call to leave Barcelona. Barcelona worked like a perfect gene for Messi when he was playing for the club. This was the reason why it was so difficult for him to break into the team of PSG even with all the players they had.

In my opinion, Barcelona is not the same now as when Messi left the club, and even if he joined, I think it would be better for him not to play, so this is just a marketing move to increase the sale of T-shirts and also to raise the morale of Barca fans.

Both Messi and Barcelona complemented each other in a way that it brought out the best among all of the players who were playing in the team at the time when Lionel Messi was still playing for Barcelona. The moment he left the club, so many other players couldn't stay for a long time and they also left which destroyed everything in the club.

Messi is perfectly okay playing in America. He should not even think of returning to Barcelona because his body can't carry the intensity of the La Liga as it stands. Barcelona have to move past the Messi era and start building a team for their future.

For some reason, I think not. I love this player, but I don't follow his career that often, but the way Barcelona dealt with him, I don't think it's worth going back there. Maybe he will do it only for the sake of fans

The only way I see this happening might be just to Please fans, it could be just a friendly match where he is called to play with the club for old time sake, or it could be maybe his last wish before he decides to retire.

While Messi will always be beloved at Barcelona, I think it's unlikely he returns to play for them again. His lucrative deal with Inter Miami, plus a desire for a new challenge at this stage of his career, makes a Barca comeback difficult.

What Barcelona? If I was Lionel Messi I would not even think about the option twice. There's absolutely no point in going back to Barcelona again, he has already accomplished a lot of things with them, he is considered a legend in the club. What will he go back to do?

Back