Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you prefer city living or somewhere more rural?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
I'm definitely more of a city person at heart. There's just an unbeatable energy, convenience, and constant buzz of activity that I thrive on. I love being surrounded by incredible restaurants, cultural attractions, nightlife, and people from all walks of life. That said, I can certainly appreciate the peacefulness and natural beauty of rural areas too. My ideal situation might be living in a walkable city neighborhood, but being just a short drive away from hiking trails, lakes, and wide open spaces to escape to on the weekends.

The city is where career growth and development is, so I prefer to live in the city compared to a rural area. Even those in rural areas are leaving and going to the city. I wouldn't mind visiting those rural every now and then though.

Staying in a village or rural area is best because you will enjoy the fresh non polluted air

The most important thing for me is that I have access to good water, stable power supply and I can easily buy anything I need. With this I am good to go be it in an urban place or a rural place.

It would depend on the kind of opportunities that are in both areas. If I can get a well-being and juicy job in a rural area why not? I will definitely go for it. Same goes with the city too.

I live in the city so I like it. I love this noise when everyone is rushing somewhere and it gives me the feeling that I am alive. There must be some changes, because there is no such thing in the countryside

Even though I live in the Indian capital city, I don't like living here. Delhi is the world's the busiest and unclean metropolis, with higher living expenses than any other place. The only solace is that this place has excellent resources, such as hospitals, colleges, and schools. If I wasn't completely reliant on my employment, I would have moved back to my village, where there is more natural scenery and fresh air.

I have the best of both worls. My town is small just 3,800 people and is surrounded on all sides by national parks. Small but big enough with all the modern services including an airport.

Even though I live in the Indian capital city, I don't like living here. Delhi is the world's the busiest and unclean metropolis, with higher living expenses than any other place. The only solace is that this place has excellent resources, such as hospitals, colleges, and schools. If I wasn't completely reliant on my employment, I would have moved back to my village, where there is more natural scenery and fresh air.
I can imagine living in a place like that. Do you have plans to move in the future, or would you remain there all through.

Since I still have 12 to 13 years till I retire, we have not made any preparations for the future. Also, since my kids will be employed in the city, I know they won't decide to stay in a rural area. After a few years, my wife and I could shift to the village.

Living in a rural area is actually very inconveniencing for someone like me that has majorly lived in the city. The rural areas in my country are disadvantaged in areas like internet coverage and the likes.

Living in a rural area is actually very inconveniencing for someone like me that has majorly lived in the city. The rural areas in my country are disadvantaged in areas like internet coverage and the likes.

It's true that a person who has spent their entire life in a metropolis may find it challenging to adapt to a village because rural areas lack particular services. However, I would like to move back to my village since I am tired of the fast-paced lifestyle in the city and I need some time for myself right now.

It would be great to move to a rural area or have a farm house there where you can enjoy your holidays or can relax for few days after a busy work week

Since I still have 12 to 13 years till I retire, we have not made any preparations for the future. Also, since my kids will be employed in the city, I know they won't decide to stay in a rural area. After a few years, my wife and I could shift to the village.
Yes, retiring to a serene atmosphere in the village will not be a bad idea after spending youthful days in the city. Obviously your kids will not relocate back to the village with you, but hopefully they'll be coming to visit you from time to time.

Back