Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you leave your smartphone charging at night while you sleep?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
In my opinion, it's a bit dangerous, so I've always been afraid to leave my smartphone charging like that. If the smartphone had a function to turn off charging automatically after full charging. Do you have such a fear that your smartphone might explode?

Yes I normally leave my smartphone to charge overnight. These days smartphones comes with the function to cut power flow once the phone is full even when it's still plugged, so I don't really have to worry about anything.

Yes I normally leave my smartphone to charge overnight. These days smartphones comes with the function to cut power flow once the phone is full even when it's still plugged, so I don't really have to worry about anything.
I didn't know about this function in the smartphones.

@deucher yes, I have this habit of charging my phone overnight. But after the @eLdavis response I am relieved that my phone won't explode 😅

In my opinion, it's a bit dangerous, so I've always been afraid to leave my smartphone charging like that. If the smartphone had a function to turn off charging automatically after full charging. Do you have such a fear that your smartphone might explode?
I don’t have a fear that my smartphone might explode, but I do charge my phone at night while I sleep.

I didn't know about this function in the smartphones.

@deucher yes, I have this habit of charging my phone overnight. But after the @eLdavis response I am relieved that my phone won't explode 😅
Lol if your phone is a modern phone, then yes you don't have to worry. At first I was also worried until I found out. To be on the safer side you could also research on your phone to know the type of battery it has.

I am always charging my phone overnight. My phone have some features that it can stop charging when it's full. I have been told it's very bad to charge phone while sleeping but I didn't see it as anything.

Back