Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you know sign language?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I was never interested in such skills, but I had a situation in my life when I had to get along with such people. I'm already learning it and know a few gestures

The only sign language I know is how to tell someone to F off. (holding up my middle finger)
AHAHAHAH I can't believe you wrote that but I think it's very often needed because it's a universal sign for everyone and for the deaf and completely healthy

Nope I don't have any knowledge about sign languages, though am usually amaze people are able to learn and remember all that. I know it is not an easy feat.

I don't know even a gesture in sign language. I have not really been interested in learning because I don't get exposed to people that I would have to use sign language. The highest I have had to do with those people is to greet and pass.

At first I didn't see the need to understand sign language, but after being involved with various kinds of people for business purposes and other things, I meet with those who can only communicate using sign language. And now I feel like I have to learn it because they love it when people can understand them.

While I don't have full fluency, I do know some basic sign language. In college, I took an introductory American Sign Language course, which taught me the manual alphabet, numbers, and simple conversational signs. It was fascinating to learn this wholly different mode of communication.

We had a very cool native language teacher at school and she taught us a few words in sign language. It was not written in the program, but she said that she would need it in life. I still remember these movements, but I haven't needed it yet. She taught us how to show "let's write better"

I never planned to learn sign language and don't know of anyone that have learned it.

I know nothing about it because it was not easy to acquired knowledge on those language signs

I know American Sign Language (ASL) as my brother is Deaf, as well as his child (my niece). Unfortunately there is no "international" sign language as every country has its own sign language. ASL it's a language you need to use often otherwise you will lose the skill. Sign Language is not just gestures, it's a language with its own unique rules of grammar, syntax and facial expressions... Not an easy language to learn.

Back