Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you find modern education useful?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
All of us once graduated from school and it doesn't matter in which country it was, because in most of the countries the system is not different and everyone received the same knowledge, only in different ways. Do you think that after school you got the right knowledge and did it help you in the future?

I am not 100 percent satisfied with that they teach at school college and university. However, I find modern education useful when it comes to generate income. If you are a college graduate, you have a high chances of getting a job. If you studied subjects that need a lot of workforce, you can benefit from modern education

Education is very useful in my opinion and it doesn't matter if it is modern education or traditional education. The possibility of learning something that you never knew from being educated is what makes it very important. It gives you opportunity in places where if you don't have knowledge you cannot be able to take advantage of such situations.

Education is very useful in my opinion and it doesn't matter if it is modern education or traditional education. The possibility of learning something that you never knew from being educated is what makes it very important. It gives you opportunity in places where if you don't have knowledge you cannot be able to take advantage of such situations.
Is it true that why study something just to know extra information? So you can't know where it will come in handy, but it's not important to learn everything, and like me, you need to focus on what you like more, and if you later need something else, then you can start studying

Is it true that why study something just to know extra information? So you can't know where it will come in handy, but it's not important to learn everything, and like me, you need to focus on what you like more, and if you later need something else, then you can start studying

I would never say no to any knowledge on any subject even if it's something that I don't like because there is always a possibility of the knowledge on something that I felt wasn't needed in my life at that point will end up being something that I'm going to need the information to solve in the future. It is why I value and appreciate any kind of knowledge on anything.

Useful yes. It skips a lot of things that actually people should know. But who cares as long it helps win jobs.

Jobs pays the bills and that is enough for me at the moment.

Though education is useful, but I feel they can actually do more. Most of the things they teach today, they tend to cut of the useful aspect.

Useful yes. It skips a lot of things that actually people should know. But who cares as long it helps win jobs.

This is all you can count on having the knowledge you get from childhood. In my opinion, it is not practical to keep everyone in a cage, of course, each individual can improve in order to work at a better job, but I think the government should provide the most necessary knowledge for everyone

Knowledge and formal education are way apart. They tend to give corporates good slaves, nothing more. They teach you no values, no importance for patience or spirituality or emotional intelligence.

Modern education really helped people like us develop ourselves and our thinking given that I came from a very traditional society. Modern education helped to set my mindset right. The only thing I would fault the education I received is that it never helped me build financial intelligence. I had to learn that by myself after school when finances had dealt badly with me.

Say I have an MBA in Marketing. My goal is help corporates make huge profits and earn a share of it as salary, bonus etc. It doesn't matter how you take down the competition, what kind of product you sell or how you deal with the people involved. The focus is profit and profit only.

I did got a bachelor's degree at a reputable university in my country, but as I drift into the labor market, I realize that there are thousands more like me who are queuing for just one Job opening. Makes me wonder if education is overrated afterall.

No matter what people say, modern education should not be regarded as useless. The job I have now was gotten because of my master's degree qualifications. Even a bachelor's degree was not deemed qualified for it.

Not 100% because most of the times they are stressing upon books and not on practical knowledge

I think that the education currently taught at school is necessary and it is enough to enter a university and then you will be able to get a diploma and get a job. I didn't want a lot, so this was enough for me

Modern education might not be everything but it is required in some aspects of life. If one wants to scale the ladder of the financial world, a measure of modern education is absolutely necessary.

Education as it were, gave us the skills that we needed for everyday living. I really feel I wouldn't have fully taken up the world today if I was not educated. Yes. It didn't give us skills about the marketplace but it imparted skills that some of us are using in the marketplace now.

True, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Most of the things they teach the current generation right now, they have omitted so much things we learnt back in our day.

They need good employees, nothing more.

Education as it were, gave us the skills that we needed for everyday living. I really feel I wouldn't have fully taken up the world today if I was not educated. Yes. It didn't give us skills about the marketplace but it imparted skills that some of us are using in the marketplace now.
In fact, I feel that those people who write off education are those who have gone to school but failed to excel in it, and ultimately ended up dropping out. Those ones will never have anything good to say about education.

Back