Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Movies Do you enjoy movies from your country?

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, my country has some amazing films, I have watched a few that I actually enjoyed but majority of the times I usually prefer watching movies of other countries rather than my own. It's very rare to even see me watch them alone, unless am watching with someone else.

I'm guilty as charged. I also watch movies in my country, but not as much as I watch the foreign ones. I kinda have more affiliation with those ones compared to the ones my country produces.

I'm guilty as charged. I also watch movies in my country, but not as much as I watch the foreign ones. I kinda have more affiliation with those ones compared to the ones my country produces.
Hahaha, same here, I don't really know why but I just find it really hard to watch the ones produce by my country. Though I have watched a few that where really amazing but it has not really changed my view.

We have quite good films. Although mostly these are dramas. I have not watched such genres for a long time, but it is interesting and I would like to support the national television channel.

I am beginning to believe Nollywood as a movie industry. They have upgraded and grown their arts. A few cinema Nollywood movies that I have seen lately were worth every penny I spent. Yes, I enjoy Nollywood movies.

Yes there are some nollywood productions that where actually worth watching. The plot was good, the visuals where okay and so on. But we still have some local productions that is actually destroying their reputation.

I actually stumbled on a Nollywood series and I couldn't believe that it was mind blowing like it was. The acting was so on point. The plot was excellent. I am beginning to be a believer in Nollywood.

Yes, I watch movies about my country mostly. I don't like Hollywood movies. I have not seen English movies much. Hindi movies and serials are sufficient for me to watch for fun. We have a movie of 2.5 hours duration and have songs that entertain a lot.

I am beginning to believe Nollywood as a movie industry. They have upgraded and grown their arts. A few cinema Nollywood movies that I have seen lately were worth every penny I spent. Yes, I enjoy Nollywood movies.
Some of their modern films are pretty decent in terms of storyline acting and even graphic quality.

I am completely opposite of this and prefer Indian and even local Punjabi movies and have only watched a very few foreign movies

I used to watch a lot of Indian films back then and I must say most of them where pretty awesome. Movies like don, krish, and so much more where decent action movies.

Don't get me wrong, my country has some amazing films, I have watched a few that I actually enjoyed but majority of the times I usually prefer watching movies of other countries rather than my own. It's very rare to even see me watch them alone, unless am watching with someone else.
Actually you are right and even me I enjoy watching foreign movies a head of my country because they used local equipment up to date

Actually you are right and even me I enjoy watching foreign movies a head of my country because they used local equipment up to date
Yea and some of the storylines are just so predictable. Though I have seen some movies that are actually pretty decent.

Yea and some of the storylines are just so predictable. Though I have seen some movies that are actually pretty decent.
I can't even remember when I watched their movie last I think it was about three years now because they are left behind

Before the pandemic, I enjoyed watching a movie in the cinema but during the new normal, I lost my appetite for watching a movie with my family. They, too, no longer liked it. The entrance ticket was triple in price from 100 pesos to 300 pesos. We prefer to watch a movie on Netflix.

I can't even remember when I watched their movie last I think it was about three years now because they are left behind
Same here,I rarely watch them. The few times I have watched it was when some persons around me was watching them.

Back