Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you eat less sweets as you get older?

Ronin

Veteran

Reaction score
I now understand my own parents, who always refused sweets when I was little, but I thought that they were trying to save money in this way, but now I don't want sweets at all. I'm not yet at the age my parents were, but now I eat no more than 1 chocolate bar a month and I don't feel a craving for anything else sweet

I think I am working on this because I am still eating as much sweets as I want and it will be whenever I want it, money isn't the issue anymore. I am controlling myself on eating much sweets nowadays, I can remember that I can't go a day without a sweet some months ago.

I've never eaten sweets, don't like them.

Though I am seriously trying to manage the amount of sweets I am consuming right now mostly due to my health, but I still take it once in awhile.

I don't take sweets generally. I don't think I have licked up to 10 pieces of sweets in the last 3 years. My sweets intake has drastically reduced from when I was a child. But that is not something that I did consciously.

I have slowed down on it and actually its good to not have so many sweets as they are not good for health and only increases body fat.

I am diabetic so don't eat sweets. My father is also diabetic so may I inherited it from my father.

As I've gotten older, I've lost my liking to sweets. I dont like candy or most sweets. Thank God, cause I have become pre-diabetic, so I try hard to limit my sugar intake.

Off course yes I like to take sweets very much was I a kid and I think its okay but when I become I teenager I started observing some changes to my health it was then I realize that I am just fooling my self because its not good to be taken it very much but I like it

I think it makes sense too because we need to stay careful of our health as we grew old and sweets are no good for health

Back